cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is the suggested transfer protocol between SRM and XI? Right now, i'm choosing between XI and File. Please give tips or comments.

Also, how can we trigger SRM to transfer an xml or csv to a directory where XI can pick it up?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It depens on the SRM scenario which you are using.

For ex : For MM-SUS scenarion , it is IDOC - XML conversion.

Best Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pavan,

actually the scenario is something new. SRM - CLM..

i'm planning to use cvs to cvs but i don't know how to export cvs file in SRM. How can XI get the CVS files from SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM does not output CSV.

it accepts CSV in standard as an input to catalog tool (CCM, MDM)

if you want to input CSV to CLM, then may be you can play with some "upload" FM.

but why SAP standard interfaces are not helping you? like IDOC or XML

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

we will create a custom program that will output the csv files from srm system to the XI FTP. then convert the fields to clm fields. Then pass the converted csv file to the CLM upload directory. Will that be okay? I will use a file system protocol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this seems technically possible.

My question is that why your client wants to spend so much of efforts on this non-standard route.

& whether standard SAP interface would not help you.

viz when SRM creates contracts in ECC it uses IDOCs

Thanks

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDOCs? really Sir? Do you know what IDOC to use? I only know MATMAS, CREMAS and ORDERS. None of them are of contract type. Please give me the IDOC name Sir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The config guide for sourcing should give you all the required IDOC settings for contract management.

You can get it from service.sap.com or SAP SOLMAN

unfortunately I don't remember all the settings & names

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

BLAORD is the Contract IDOC. just now i learned that we cannot use that. We need RFQ details and some vendor details. We cannot use the IDOC since it only has the contract details..

Former Member
0 Kudos

please disregard my previous reply. We can use the IDOC BLAORD but the problem is, it's not in the TABLE EDIMSG in SRM. That's why the created and updated contracts were not changed to IDOC type.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh well, file content conversion is the way to go!