What are the pros and cons of installing java+abap stack for portal?
1.What are the pros and cons of installing java+abap stack for portal?
2.what effect it does on the ume options to be choosen??
3.for the purpose of integration of r3,bw and crm on portal and crm 4.0 60.2.3 business package which option of stack(java or abap or both)will be good option and which ume option while installation should be choosen?
Thomas Pham replied
The NetWeaver Installation Master Guide offers some good scenarios on the pros and cons:
In a nutshell:
- Decrease # of servers required to administer the portal
- Less costly
- Upgrades could be dependent on ABAP and Java release level
- Additional load on the server due to ABAP stack
- Limited scalability
JAVA and ABAP on separate server
- Improved performance
- Allows each system to be single-use purpose therefore downtime does not affect other components
- More scalable
- Adds complexity to landscape
- Additional costs