cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Java 7.20 public preview available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i'm using a MacBook Pro with 10.6.2. I downloaded the new SAP GUI for Java 7.20 public preview and installed it.

Starting the new Java GUI an the screen with the connection list appears.

And now the are many problems:

Starting an conncetion by double-click the entry in the connection list, you can see the small window for establishing the connection. But the large window for logon to the system is not there, there is no another window. Closing the Java-GUI, a popup tell me, there is a connection to the system, and so on.

The next problem, selecting an entry in the connection list for editing, a popup with a error-icon is shown.

and so on, and so on.

Short, the Java 7.20 public preview dosn't work for me.

The version 7.10rev10 works fine with the same connection list

Greetings

Meinolf Gerling

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Q is related hence I am posting it here instead of opening a new thread so that it benefits all those who replied. I am using SAP GUI Jave 7.10R11 with MBP OSX 10.6.7. When I login it opens the SAP logon screen but without the login ID, password fields !! Has anyone of you faced this issue and have you been able to solve it? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Kumar

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Meinolf,

that version has been tested on many OSes including the one you are using. I am actually running that version also on a MBP with 10.6.2. So you see me quite puzzled reading about your issues.

Would you mind to open a [support message|https://service.sap.com/message] on component BC-FES-JAV?

What we need in addition to your textual description above is:

A) for the first issue

1) Which theme you are using? In case it is "Signature Design", do you have the checkbox "Enable Signature Design window decoration" on? (Please refer to Preferences -> Theme)

2) Before doing the first connect, please go to the File->Trace menu. There enter a file name and turn on the main switch and press "Apply".

Then try to connect to a system. Go back to the trace window, press the "Component Tree" button. In the new window should be a hierarchy of objects. Select the item "GuiMainWindow" and press the button "Dump Component Tree".

Then press button "AWT Tree". In the new window, click the first item (SAPFrame) and press the button "Dump Tree".

B) for the second issue:

0) keep tracing enabled, do not delete the trace file from A)

1) select a connection and press the "Edit" button

2) make a screen-shot of the error message

3) Attach following files from your <home>/Library/Preferences/SAP folder:

- connections

- settings

In case your are referencing a configuration file, we also need this one and those which are eventually referenced by the configuration file

For A) and B) please attach the resulting trace-file to the support message.

Then we should have enough information to track down the two issues.

Thanks for your help and best regards

Rolf-Martin

P.S.: To the audience: Is there someone else having the issues Meinolf described?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf-Martin,

sorry for answering some points in german, but i am not able to talk about so difficult problems in english.

1) ... then try to connect to a system. Go back to the trace window, press the "Component Tree" button. In the new window should be a hierarchy of objects. Select the item "GuiMainWindow" and press the button "Dump Component Tree".

Then press button "AWT Tree". In the new window, click the first item (SAPFrame) and press the button "Dump Tree".

In the new window - sorry on my MPB there is no new window.

2) Ich kann keine Support Message eröffnen, da ich unter dem Reiter "Wählen Sie das System für das Sie eine Meldung anlegen möchten" nur Festo-Kunden-Systeme selektiern kann. Auf diese Maschinen will ich keine Support Message eröffnen.

Ferner hat ja auch 'ein SAP-System' nicht das Problem, sondern der JavaGUI.

3) ich habe nun ein 2,3 MB grosses Trace-File, das sich ihnen gern zukommen lassen würde, sowie das File mit den screen-shots

Greetings

Meinolf Gerling.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo,

leider muss man beim Erzeugen einer Supportmeldung auf http://service.sap.com/service immer ein System angeben, auch wenn das Problem an sich nicht direkt mit dem System zu tun hat.

Wichtig ist, die Komponente BC-FES-JAV anzugeben damit klar ist, dass es ein Problem bezüglich SAP GUI for Java ist.

Dort dann das Trace-File als Attachment dranhängen, dann sehen wir weiter.

Falls es nicht klappt mit dem Anlegen der Meldung siehe:

https://service.sap.com/~sapidp/011000358700004800192000E

Grüsse

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, hello Rolf-Martin,

ok, i think i separate the problem with the Java-GUI. My installation runs now

I take a look to my more than 150 connection strings in the connection file. At first i set all of them as a comment. Then step by step enabled the connection. I run the GUI with only one conncetion setting, and, the GUI works.

At the point i enabled the RFC_Load_Balancing-coonnection the GUI doesn't run anymore.

Now the Java-GUI runs fin without this RFC_Load_Balancing-coonnection.

Greetings

Meinolf Gerling

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Meinolf,

this is good news.

Would you mind to share the particular connection string which brakes the 7.20 version?

(supposed no password is included)

I would like to understand the problem to a) provide you a solution and b) to make the JavaGUI more robust.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

0 Kudos

Hello Rolf-Martin,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems with the 7.20 version of the java gui. I'm able to make a connection but the logon pane does not show the logon window. So client username and password fields are not visible.

I only have 3 logons in my connection file. Before this version I was running 7.10 R11 and this is running fine.

Please advice?

Regards,

Jochem

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

please have a look at [this thread|;, I think the issue you see has the same cause.

If the workaround provided in that thread does not help, please post the console output.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

dougbrown93
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI

I have installed the Java GUI or Mac 7.20 on my MB on ver 10.6.2

Previously worked with version 7.10 upto rev 11 with no problems using connections file only.

Now when i launch the 7.20 gui i can see the systems being read from the connections file. However when i launch any of the systems i get the blank log on screen (no ability to enter client, user, password, language).

I see others have had this problem but cannot see a resolution that helps me. I have tried starting with a blank connection file and creating one at a time but still no improvement.

I have no message servers defined (rightly or wrongly...it all worked before in 7.10) so the suggested fix doesnt help.

Can anyone provide further guidance please.

Kind Regards

Doug

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI,

would you mind to open a [support message|https://service.sap.com/message] on component BC-FES-JAV and add your connections and settings files as attachments?

Thanks

Rolf-Martin