cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use JDBC adapter at ECC side to extract the data directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is it possible in any way we can use JDBC adapter at SAP to extract data from sap tables.because as far as i know jdbc adapter used only when we having some database system at sender side.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

SAP also has a Database system underneath the applications it has.

Although theoritically it is possible, i have not seen anyone doing that (Using JDBC to connect to the database of SAP directly).

Is it a requirement or you just wanted to know?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

My client is asking to use this procedure ,i want to give proper explanation , how to convinece him that we should not use JDBC adater to fetch the data directly from SAP database.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

JDBC have both sender and receiver adapter...

So you can make use of receiver Adapter to pull data from any DB.. Now coming to DB which used by SAPR3, then it is always recommended to go through an RFC rather than to DB directly.. If you have a DB adman then he would help you with this data fetch operation...

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

thanks for your quick reply, but can you more eleborate on this why we need to use RFC or IDOC to fectch teh data, can't we fetch the data directly from SAP database using JDBC adapter.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP R3 is installed over a DB (Oracle, DB2 etc) this DB as a persistent storage for storing data and other information. R3 rovides a layer over the underlying database so that no one can directly access or modify the contents (due to security and data integrity issues). Hence it exposes its own RFC's for data access and modifications...

But like I said before SAP recommends to make use of RFC's or BAPI's to access data stored in R3 tables; but we can also access them directly.You need to take the help of a DB admin for this

Regards

Suraj