cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IO budget exceeded year 2009

Former Member
0 Kudos

IO budget was succesfully carry forward from 2008.

IO has enough available budget for PO amount accrdng to report S_ALR_87013019 - List: Budget/Actual/Commitments

and there were no postings also when i checked in:

S_ALR_87012993 - Orders: Actual/Plan/Variance

S_ALR_87012999 - Orders: Actual/Plan/Commitments

please help resolve issue, thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Have you tired raising a cart for a lower value? Sometimes rounding and such like can push it just over if you are trying to buy exactly the amount left on the budget. It is normally currency issues that cause these roundings.

If that does not help, try and raise a PO in the backend for the same values, do you get the same error?

You can also check ME2K in the backend, check for other POs on the same internal order and check the values manually.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, ME2K really helped in determining wether there were posted transactions under the IOs.

so i've found out that there were none; what is causing the budget exceeded error? Is this an issue with the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. If there are no POs there could still be journals posted to it. Have you checked with your finance consultant to see exactly what has been posted to it?

There could be any number of issues.

Failing that did you try the PO in the backend, or raising a slightly lower value cart in SRM?

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

our FICO support checked it also and found nothing that was posted in the IOs. I don't think they would allow creation of PO in the backend in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Just try and key in the PO deatils in the backend and press check but do not save it.

This will tell you if it is a backend issue or a SRM issue.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried and encountered no error however there was no account assignment to be inputted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Do you mean you were unable to key account assignment into a backend PO?

If so I presume someone has disabled this with config?

Can you not try and key in a EC / ECPO type purchase order? You do not need to save it, just press check.

If it asks you for a purchase order number as there is no internal number assignment just key in the highest possible number from the range you are using. As long as you do not save the PO there will be no problems.

Oncwe you know if it is a backend issue or a SRM issue then you will know whether we can help here in the SRM forum or whether you should pass it to your finance consultants.

Regards,

Dave.