cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENERATE_SUBPOOL_DIR_FULL (CL_ALV_TABLE_CREATE =========== CP ) on SAPL0KOZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have SAP ECC 6.0 with kernel patch 221. O.S. platform linux SLES 10 SP2 with db Oracle 10g (10.2.0.4) .

In production system when executing the transaction kva2 (program SAPL0KOZ) and I want to do more changes get short dump when run save.

Runtime Errors: RAISE_EXCEPTION (Exception condition "GENERATE_SUBPOOL_DIR_FULL" raised.) With "A RAISE statement in the program" CL_ALV_TABLE_CREATE =========== CP "raised the exception condition" GENERATE_SUBPOOL_DIR_FULL. "

I searched several SAP notes for "CL_ALV_TABLE_CREATE =========== CP" "GENERATE_SUBPOOL_DIR_FULL" , but only notes found "548227 ABAP short dump when setting the processing indicator", "560983 ABAP short dump when you double -click on an alert "," 656659 Termination with freq. refreshing of alerts in the Alert Monitor "," 962421 Dump Massenverarbeitung bei der CCW "I do not think that helps me a lot.

Why is this error and how one can solve ?

Thank you .

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The use of CL_ALV_TABLE_CREATE class for creating dynamic tables is limited to the amount of 36 internal tables.

You can handle the error does not cause the "dump", but will not meet the need for an unrestricted number of tables.

The best solution to this is the use of RTTS.

See more here:

http://help.sap.com/abapdocu_702/en/abenrtti.htm

http://zevolving.com/2008/09/dynamic-internal-table-creation/

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read SAP Note 505644 - CL_ALV_TABLE_CREATE: Exception generate_subpool_dir_full

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thank you for your prompt response.

I read SAP note "Notes 505,644 - CL_ALV_TABLE_CREATE: Exception generate_subpool_dir_full" valid from 24.07.2002 but I noticed that the versions affected are sap_basis 46 (46b, 46c, 46d).

In my system, transaction spam saying SAP_BASIS 700, Level 17, support package sapkb70017 . Considering the differences, I do not know what to say about the implementation of the SAP notes.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Best regards,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're right... I didn't noticed the note was that old... Theres still quite a few notes to go through, just go to SAP marketplace and look for GENERATE_SUBPOOL_DIR_FULL and the area the message is coming from

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indubitabil,

Check the below threads.

It may help you to get some idea on the dump error.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagendra,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I read the two links, and to be honest I can not say I understood everything because i'm not ABAP developer, but if I not misunderstood it was modified SAP programs. In my case it is a standard SAP program. If I am wrong please correct me.

Frankly I am afraid to change a SAP standard program output in the production system without using a note sap, or a sap note which refers explicitly to this problem.

Any idea? Thanks.

Best regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should check with your abapers.... you could also raise an OSS message about it.

Regards

Juan