Did you mean: 

7.11 Deprecated DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My webdynpro dc's have dependencies to deprecated dc's:

- tc/bl/jfrc/api

- tc/bl/exception/lib

I replaced the tc/bl/jrfc/api with tc/bl/jco/api (via CTRL+1) and this seems to be ok.

The other one, tc/bl/exception/lib , it has the info that it should be provided by the SUN JSDK now, so I removed it. When i try to build a webdynpro component that has a webservice model defined, i get a build errors with the cause: cannot access com.sap.exception.BaseRuntimeException .

Is there an alternative dependency for this, or do i need to continue using the deprecated dependency?

My NWDS studio version is the following:

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP03 PAT0005

Build id: 200910262203

SDK version i'm using is:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Please check your JDK version it should be 1.5 and then you can so as follows.

1) Check if you have a Java folder jdk1.5.0_xx (jdk1.5.0_16 for example) and xx has to be >= 14

2) If you donu2019t have such JDK version, please go to the official site http://www.sun.com/ and download and install the old version.

3) If you have jdk1.5.0_xx folder or once you have it you have to make the Java folders with the later versions not recognizable for example rename them like this u201CABCjdk1.6.0_03u201D, u201CABCjre1.6.0_01u201D, etc. Once you are ready with this step restart the NWDS.

4) After the NWDS restart it will use the respective jdk1.5.0_xx folder and you have to rebuild and redeploy your WebDynpro UI development components..

After renaming the Java 6 JDK+JRE directories, NWDS CE 7.1.1 SP00 on Windows may just complaints about missing JDK/JRE and stops instead of showing up the JDK/JRE-selection dialog like at very first startup.

Change the parameter -vm in <NWDS CE7.1.1 install dir>\eclipse\SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini to the Java 5 JDK directory and NWDS did start up again.

Regards

Jeetendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with my question and is just a copy/paste of an answer elsewhere on the forum. I can build and deploy everything and i've set the right JDK version.

I just wonder if there are alternatives already for deprecated DC's.

Still hope someone can help.

kind regards,

J.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joren

Try any of the following DCs below for Exceptions and "com.sap.base.technology.facade" for JCO:

<dependency>
			<dc-ref>
				<name>com.sap.base.technology.facade</name>
				<vendor>sap.com</vendor>
			</dc-ref>
			<pp-ref>api</pp-ref>
			<at-build-time/>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<dc-ref>
				<name>engine.application.facade</name>
				<vendor>sap.com</vendor>
			</dc-ref>
			<pp-ref>api</pp-ref>
			<at-build-time/>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<dc-ref>
				<name>com.sap.base.sld.facade</name>
				<vendor>sap.com</vendor>
			</dc-ref>
			<pp-ref>api</pp-ref>
			<at-build-time/>
		</dependency>

In general I'd recommend you forget about the deprecations and continue with the DCs you have right now

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx alot for your help.

I'll try the dependencies some time, and otherwise just try to ignore the warnings

Greetz,

J.