Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting no. of derived roles in PM area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 23 plants and 15 purchasing groups in our organization. The number of derived roles for a Plant Maintenance master role are coming upto 23*15 i.e., 345. And when we include, the create, change and display attributes, these multiply upto 345 * 3 i.e., 1035.

We would like to bring down the effort in developing and maintaining the roles. Is it possible with a custom ABAP program?

Or is there a better way of achieving this?

Thanks for your suggestions

Abdul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Security forum

3 REPLIES 3

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Security forum

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not see the problem here. This is exactly what derived roles are for.

In my opinion the required level of segregation is the source of your problem. Does the business know the maintenance cost for this? You could consider to hand out the master for the read-only role. That should get rid of one-third of these roles.....

0 Kudos

Hi

You may feel diffiluct and little bit effortive when you sarted developing them first time, But later you can feel so easy of maintenance, since if you can ble to modify parent role then all derived roles will be updated ....no maintenance required to all.

Regards

Hari