cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for the development of ABAP web services...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently at TechEd in Vienna I saw a demo of the development of an ABAP service. It all looked fairly easy, so when I came back I decided to try it out for myself. However, this mission seems to be compromised by the development environment not playing along. I've tried to encapsulate a small RFC function module inside af service on an IDES ECC 6.0 system and that went fairly well until I wanted to test the service.

At some point it is understood that one should setup a reference to a J2EE system in the WSADMIN transaction and that caused me some troubles as it looks like the IDES system that I tried it on doesn't have a java stack. How could I check whether that is true? I then tried to test the service directly under maintain service within WSADMIN and it sends me a popup screen and asks me to logon. After logging on the browser claims an internal error has happened.

What do I do now? Where do I start to check if everything is setup the way it should be? Is there a note or a how to guide somewhere?

Best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For creating and hosting ABAP web Services, you do not need JAVA stack. However, for testing Web Services using Web Service Navigator (from SOAMANAGER), you need J2EE stack.

If you are invoking Web Service from SOAPUI, .NET or some other third party tool, you need to create End Point for the service using SOAMANAGER and provide the Porttype WSDL to the third party system.

Thanks,

Venu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with the transaction SOAMANAGER instead of WSADMIN and WSCONFIG.Because it wont support the latest version.

Regards,

Sudha.