cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV table not displayed in Popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a view which contains an ALV table. This view is embedded in one window.

I am opening this window on click of a button. I am reading data from one custom table and displaying it in ALV.

The problem I am facing is that ALV displays the data the very first time window is opened. After closing the window if we again open the window the ALV table is not displayed.

I have checked the code in debugging and values are coming in Node but not displayed. There is no visibility property attached to this ALV.

Every thing was working fine until patching was applied. The same code is working fine in prod but in Dev I am facing this issue.

Can any one you guys suggest me that why it is happening? Is it because of Patch upgrade and is there any sap note to resolve this.

Thanks in Advance

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is the question you posed related to this other thread:

Although this thread has a different user ID, the question sounds almost identical. Are you both working for the same company and on the same problem? If so, its not really good to have two separate threads on the same topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Thomas, the similar thread one of my colleague has opened, that is why closing this . He will continue with the other thread. Thanks to all for paying immediate attention to it.

Thanks

Amit

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khandelwala,

Is the entire ALV table disappearing? as it is a popup, the view will always be destroyed when the popup window is closed. It will be again recreated once the popup window is thrown again.

However the component controller instance will not be freed and will exist.

My guess is some plugs are being fired displaying empty view.

Please let us know if it is only data that is disappearing.

Just check the stack level of ur dev and production landscapes. If Dev is on higher version, then it might be due to patch.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try changing the *Lifetime Property of View to When visible from Framwork controlled.

Go to View - > Properties.

It should work.