cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Action : Not Picking up from the WSDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a WSDL that has been loaded into XI ( External Definition ). The related XSD have also been loaded in the IR and the references have been set ( I can double click and the map out correctly ).

In the SOAP Receiver channel, I specify the SOAP ACTION to be the same as provided in the WSDL. So far so good.

When I test the scenario. XI is unable to pick the SOAP ACTION from the WSDL.

We have cross checked the following

1) Double Checked the spelling/syntax

2) Double Checked my references

3) Double Checked the scenario.

The webservice still comes back with the error

soap fault: Unable to find a matching Operation for this remote invocation.

This is correct as XI hasnot put the Operation in the SOAP call.

Any pointers to resolving this is appreciated.

NB: Please donot send me links to the basic webservice creation blogs from SDN. I have read it a 100 times.

Regards

Aju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the SOAP action is missing? It is not part of the SOAP message but it is an HTTP header field. You have to check with an HTTP sniffer.

Maybe your URL needs more parameters. Check the correct URL. It is part of the WSDL as well.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is the update from our end. It still isnot working.

Aju

check your XML payload in the SXMB_MONI - Is it in correct structure ,so that it will be input to your WebService

**We have checked the structure in Moni. The payload is **not being wrapped in the operation wrapper as specified in SOAP ACTION.

2) Check the configuration of SOAP Receiver Adapter

- Target URL- should be URL of WSDL.. not anything else.. check this correctly

**This is correct. We have checked it.

3) Go to RWB->Adapter monitoring ->SOAP Adapter ->chek for any errors ...Check the Webservice method etc

**Could you expand on this.

4) Test the WebService independently using XML Spy etc.

Its working with XML Spy.

5) Refer SAP Note - 856597 to check more about configuration

• We have seen this. It isnt helping much for our case.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>3) Go to RWB->Adapter monitoring ->SOAP Adapter ->chek for any errors ...Check the Webservice method etc</i>

>>Is SOAP adapter is showing any error ? thats it.

Most of the time this type of error comes, either your Target URL is incorrect or not able to find the method in the Webservice message(input to WebService is incorrect)

Is SOAP adapter is with the Target URL + SOAP Action?

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

Checked the Adapater Monitoring and the SOAP adapter shows no errors. ( It also does not show any success messages either . I am a little surprised with that ).

I tried to capture the SOAP envelope and what I see is that it is coming over as documment/literal and not as document/literal wrapped.

Please send me your thought ASAP.

Thanks in Advance

Aju

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>It also does not show any success messages either . I am a little surprised with that ).</i>

SOAP Adapter will show either Green/Red only when a message processing happens atleast for first time. Until that it will be in Gray Colour.

I think there is a problem with SOAP call to the Webservice with given message, probably small mistake wil be there

Check this guide carefully~

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002953992006E/HowToUseSOAPAdapter.pdf

Also check the Conversion parameters of the SOAP Receiver Adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/a6fb3fea9df028e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Thanks,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

The SOAP Adapter shows a green light but no messages.

We have checked the settings. What we see is that the external vendor wants the SOAP to be in "documet-literal wrapped" whereas XI is returning is as "document literal".

I guess we have towrite a post processing sequence routine to handle this. If so how do you do it ?

Are there any fields in Module configuration where i can specify this

Any suggestions or thoughts

Aju

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aju,

This part of help tells that SOAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/5af7c0c994e24fb0d0088443513de2/frameset.htm

Just try and update

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these-

1) check your XML payload in the SXMB_MONI - Is it in correct structure ,so that it will be input to your WebService

2) Check the configuration of SOAP Receiver Adapter

- Target URL- should be URL of WSDL.. not anything else.. check this correctly

3) Go to RWB->Adapter monitoring ->SOAP Adapter ->chek for any errors ...Check the Webservice method etc

4) Test the WebService independently using XML Spy etc.

5) Refer SAP Note - 856597 to check more about configuration

Chek this thread- in this similar problem has solved.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy