Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 additional authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to include Distribution channel in the authorization of VF04. I tried including the authorization object "V_KNA1_VKO Customer: Authorization for Sales Organizations" using su22 but is not working. Tried to trace(st01) the authorization but V_KNA1_VKO was not displayed in the list. Is this possible or might have added the wrong authorization object? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If an authorization object doesn't show up in the trace this means the check is not in the source code. Adding it to the customer tables (which should be done via SU24) does not change that. You need to sit with an ABAPer to find out if there are customer exit in the software where additional AUTHORITY-CHECK statements can be programmed.

There's no use in adding keys to your keyring if there isn't a corresponding lock in the door...................

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If an authorization object doesn't show up in the trace this means the check is not in the source code. Adding it to the customer tables (which should be done via SU24) does not change that. You need to sit with an ABAPer to find out if there are customer exit in the software where additional AUTHORITY-CHECK statements can be programmed.

There's no use in adding keys to your keyring if there isn't a corresponding lock in the door...................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Areknee,

If its not showing V_KNA1_VKO while tracing the authorization, means its not checking this object for the distribution channel.

Which version of SAP you are using? What are the passed authorization objects while tracing?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> We have a requirement to include Distribution channel in the authorization of VF04. I tried including the authorization object "V_KNA1_VKO Customer: Authorization for Sales Organizations" using su22 but is not working. Tried to trace(st01) the authorization but V_KNA1_VKO was not displayed in the list. Is this possible or might have added the wrong authorization object? Thanks in advance.

V_KNA1_VKO. why would you want the check to go on the distribution channel of the customer? with note 1289523 SAP made correction to check authorisation for V_VBRK_VKO. does that not suffice?

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

The following objects are shown during the trace- V_VBRK_VKO ; V_VBRK_FKA ; S_GUI ; CPE_SETTIN. we are using SAP ECC 6.0

V_VBRK_VKO is not sufficient, as i said we need the distribution channel in the authorization.

0 Kudos

> Thanks for the reply.

> V_VBRK_VKO is not sufficient, as i said we need the distribution channel in the authorization.

but then V_KNA1_VKO will not do the trick either!

you will have to make your own authorization object (check whether a copy of V_VBKA_VKO would suffice) and implement that check in a proper user-exit.

Edited by: Mylène Dorias on Nov 20, 2009 9:02 AM

ETA: there's no proper exit as far as i can see, so this would be a modification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Areknee,

I suppose you requirement is similar to what is mentioned here

isnt it?