cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalculate the Price in SRM once the item is transfer to SRM from SRM MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am technical person and am facing one issue,we are using MDM catalog for selecting the product and after selection the product is getting transfer to the SRM.

In SRM we have Quantity field available which is editable(we don't want to make it read only field),everything works fine if no one is changing the Quantity field which is coming from SRM MDM.

But when a requester is changing the quantity field of the product in SRM then the total price is not getting change accordingly in SRM.is there any way to fetch the price field again from SRM MDM once it is transferred to the SRM.

I know that before transferring the field to SRM if we change the quantity field there there is "RECALCULATE" button availabe to change the total price but after transferring the item whats is the procedure to change the Price if quantity is changed in SRM.

Note that Price field depends on the Quantity field in SRM MDM and it is maintained in MDM but not in SRM.

Please Help me friends.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paresh

SAP MDM is master data management product

I suppose Quantity and Price your products isn't master data because thats data was changing very often

Maybe make sense save in MDM only Products

Quantity and Price save in your SRM system and control changes that fields by SRM(not in MDM)

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kanstantsin,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know about MDM much but yes i can say that Price and quantity is coming from MDM only because while selecting product from MDM i can see the product price and quantity attached with that product.

Price is different for 1 quantity and is different for 100 quantity and i can see that in MDD while selecting product.

In fact while selecting product from MDM when i change the price in shopping basket of MDM then there is a "RECALCULATE" button at the top which recalculates the price based on new quantity which we have changed.

Thanks & Regards,

Paresh Sojitra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still waiting for the answer which can give me a hint for the solution.

Please help me Friends.

Edited by: paresh sojitra on Nov 24, 2009 6:11 AM

Edited by: paresh sojitra on Dec 14, 2009 7:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh

Did you ever resolve your requirement.

Since teh price field isnt editable in SRM and is grayed out. I have a potental problem as well. and am looking at different solutions...to change the price before i save the ShoppingCart

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I just want to clarify that after the product toSRM it will check data from their price data maintained in SRM.

For yr problem just try these things and get back with yr results

1. whatever quantity you are putting in SRM ,try with same quantity in mdm catalog and check what price is coming

If that is same then not a prob because may bbe for that product multiple price maintained for different quantity

otherwise for sure SRM are fetching the price from their storage.

2. Instead of add an item from catalog add same item from srm using the product id ,supplier part number and other information

may be at srm level they maintain different condition on item level.

Please try at yr end and get back with yr result.

(for validation of price from mdm there is a setting spro that when checked do validate the price from mdm catalog when ypu copy yr product in srm)

Thanks,

Sudhanshu