cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3 and EDIFACT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we think about using the XI for converting EDIFACT messages. More precisely we have to be able to receive INVOIC and REMADV messages (version D.99A) and to transform them into our inhouse text formats on the one hand and on the other hand to transform inhouse text messages into the INVOIC and REMADV format.

Can someone tell me if the schemas of these EDIFACT message types are already included within the XI or if there is any product (like the Covast EDI Accelerator for the Ms BizTalk server) which allows the XI to handle these EDIFACT message types?

Every help is appreciated.

Greetings,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your answers!

I think the option of using the Seeburger EDI Adapter fits best because (if I got it right) we don't have to do the EDIFACT-to-XML mappings by ourselves.

Can anybody tell me something about the licensing modell of the Seeburger EDI Adapter?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Florian

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/netweaver ->SAP NetWeaver in Detail ->Process Integration -> SAP Exchange Infrastructure -> SAP XI in Detail-> Connectivity.

for more on seeburger adapter~

http://www.seeburger.com/sap/

from SAP Help-

<i>SAP does not actually provide all adapters as such, but has a resale agreement with various business partners that make the adapters for systems and industry standards available. SAP currently has agreements with iWay and Seeburger.

These third-party adapters are sold and shipped by SAP.</i>

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>I think the option of using the Seeburger EDI Adapter fits best because (if I got it right) we don't have to do the EDIFACT-to-XML mappings by ourselves.

as I said also business connector can do it for you

(it's free for SAP customers but you need to check

the licence model too)

and also my second help (mapping tools)

can do the same (as they do edifact - xml ) for you

(in the xi with xslt or java) but you need to check it

if it fits your needs

>>>Can anybody tell me something about the licensing modell of the Seeburger EDI Adapter?

you can call any SAP sales offica and I believe

they should provide you with all details

if not contact seeburger directly

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you use SEEBURGER Adapters, I think there are some ready maps available between EDIFACT and Idoc .

Just check these threads/links-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6dc02f5d-0601-0010-cd9d-f4f...

And I think for mapping between EDIFACT to xml or etc, you can make use of ItemField Conversion Agent.

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/03/14/integrate-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield-with-sap-xi

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Can someone tell me if the schemas of these EDIFACT message types are already included within the XI or

no there not

>>>which allows the XI to handle these EDIFACT message types?

you could try using the business connector

and treat it as an edifact adapter

or there are some mapping tools

which allow you to map from edifact to XML

(generate java mappings or xslt)

so you can also try using those and just

import the mappings into the XI

you can also try using seeburger EDI adapter for the XI

but maybe there are some more possibilities

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>