cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 6.0 Install on SQL Server 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried to install EP 6.0 SP 9 with SQL Server 2005? According to OSS Notes, NW04 SR1 will support SQL 2005. I am trying to install EP 6.0 on top of it, but the install is stuck. I am able to successfully install WebAS, but the portal install is stalled on phase 11 of 12. (This is the check portal deployment status step) Accorging to the install log, the portal deployment monitor is trying to confirm the portal content deployment, but it is not able to complete this step.

The log message is:

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:208]

EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook() Portal Deploy Monitor: Portal Content Deployment (0 of 298 files done. 0 with errors. Time elapsed: 520 seconds).

According to the install guide, this step can take 5 to 90 minutes. I have passed the 90 minute point without any progress. This is on a dual-cpu machine with 8gb of RAM. Past experience tells me this should not take this long to complete.

I have installed the portal mulstiple times successfully on SQL 2000, but never SQL 2005. I dont know if SQL 2005 is causing the issue, but it is the only difference between this and past installs I have done. Does anyone have any suggestions on whow to resolve this issue? I cant find any eror messages or log messages to indicate why the install is not able to complete.

Thanks,

-Matt Schababerle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read the notes about SQL 2005? I believe that you have to apply note 600027 as a minimum, plus possibly others.

Paul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same error like described in the first thread of this message. Let me ask the install order again:

- Netweaver04 SR1 SP9

- Netweaver04 SR1 SP18

- EP 6.0 SP9

- EP CM&Collaboration SP9

- EP 6.0 SP18

- EP CM&Collaboration SP18

Regards

Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi We are facing the similar problem while installing EP 6. We are getting the error message "Portal Deploy Monitor: Portal Content Deployment (0 of 298 files done. 0 with errors. Time elapsed:1020 seconds)."

As per Matt Schababerle suggestion when i went for support pack upgrade to sp16, I found that there is no JSPM directory under usr\sap\sid\j2ee directory.

Matt please let me know how you upgraded the WAS support packs without JSPM directory in place?.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have resolved the issue. After installing WebAS SP 9 on top of SQL 2005, we immediately upgraded to SP 16. We were then able to install EP 6.0 SP9 and upgrade it to EP 6.0 SP16.

-Matt Schababerle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Also, check note 905634.

James