SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Our Current billing system is Bi Montly consumption billing with stadard quatity based pricing.working with 4 diffrent portions of billing every 15 one portion will be billed.If company plans to change consumption based billing with block pricing Usual stadard price is $20 for any no of units. and new price is block wise taking till quantity 50 price is$ 20 and above quantity 50 price is $24.

For clarity lets say portion 1 billing period is Jan1 - mar 30

portion 2 billing period is jan15 - march15

Portion 3 billing period is feb1 -march30

portion 4 billing period is feb 15 - Apr15

Now If price changes effective from Feb1.

and bill for peiod jan1- March 30 will have bothe old and new prices.for first 30 days old price and for lateral 30 days consumption prorates and calculates new price..

Fixing up of block level is made by claculation of average consumption for complete period i.e 50 units @ $20 and $24

@ this point price is getting calculated as till block 50 even for 30 days rather as we fixed for bill for bimonthly block as 50 units i.e for 60 days.where can we customize system to calculates as prorated,slab of consumption to adjust by period.

i.e for 60 days billing period slab should be 50 if period falls for 45 day 37.5 and for 30 days as 25 units for 15 days as slab considers only 12.5.

Kindly suggest if we have any kind of posibility to make slad to prorate by period.

Thanks In advance

Sree

Edited by: William Eastman on Nov 20, 2009 5:32 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create a QPRICE and set the Time Category as Month - then put 1 in the time basis.

Also in the price adjustment section set the radio button on Same Price Key.

Hope it helps.

Daniel Toba

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create a QPRICE and set the Time Category as Month - then put 1 in the time basis.

Also in the price adjustment section set the radio button on Same Price Key.

Hope it helps.

Daniel Toba

0 Kudos

HI Daniel

Thank u very much for response,i have found note which adjust the block price with period during shift from stadard price to block price

Regards

Sreedhar

0 Kudos

HI SREEDAR CAN U POST THE NOTE NUMBER FOR OUR REFERNCE TOO????

KR

RAJ