cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve node with two nodes (nested tables)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to hide a field depending of the value of another field of the same line. the issue is that the line is from a nested table.

here is the code :

var nodList = xfa.resolveNodes("xfa.record.LISTE_POSTES_TRAVAIL.DATA[].LISTE_CARAC.DATA[].CARAC");

I want to get the value of "carac" field in table LISTE_CARAC_DATA.

So when I display this :

xfa.host.messageBox(""+nodList.item(this.parent.index).value);

I always see the values of the table LISTE_CARAC_DATA for the first line of LISTE_POSTES_TRAVAIL.

Could you help me ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope I don´t miss a reason why did you pick this kind of solution. Because I would like to propose you to use the relative addressing which is much easier in cases like yours (I hope).

If you have a structure:

table subform

row subform

field1

field2

and you need to hide (or anything else) field2 because there is some special value in field1, do it like this: (JavaScript)

- use event layout:ready (if it fits you), JS on client

- place the script into the row subform

if (this.field1.rawValue == "YOURVALUE")

this.field2.presence = "hidden";

(or you can go the other way round from child to the parent using field1.parent.field2 = navigation can be understood easily i think). Hope this helps, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly what I needed !!

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Everything works perfect, except if I want to modify a value for the next line (index + 1).

For example :

lineA

line A.1 field1

line A.2 field2

lineB

line B.1 field1

line B.2 field2

If field1 = 'X' set field2 as mandatory.

I tried something like that (Javascript) ::

if (this.rawValue == "X")
{
this.parent(this.index + 1).mandatory = "error";
}

but I get the error "this.parent is not a function". what is wrong ?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post your form hierarchy? Also you want to make the Field 2 of LineB mandatory?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want the next field to be mandatory (it could be in any line), for example if i make the hierarchy more complex :

lineA

line A.1 field1

line A.2 field2

line A.3 field3

lineB

line B.1 field1

line B.2 field2

line B.3 field3

Let say line B.2 = "X", I would like to set line B.3 as mandatory.

If line A.1 = "X", then line A.2 is mandatory.

I just need a way to modify the line just after the one that is pointing by "this".

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion your design is not right. From my point of view you have two types of rows:

- simple row (single criterium)

- combined row (criterium + mandatory detail)

that means you need only combined rows in your backend, only combined table in your form and on every row of the form you should hide the mandatory detail if that is not wanted. You do the opposite, you try to add something new/more and connect things together instead of hiding the unwanted (what would be like 1 script row manipulationg presence of the part of the row).

Otto

p.s.: I have written a blog because people cause themselves too many problems by a bad design/ form structure: /people/otto.gold/blog/2010/01/22/adobe-forms-use-your-imagination-first

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Otto you won't make me rebuild my form

I think I just get what is wrong, the value of this.index is always 0, that explain why sometimes it works, and sometimes not.

Maybe I just need to put a counter in my table. I will do that if I don't find a javscript solution.

Anyway, thanks a lot Otto for your time and very helpful advice.

This is the code if it can help someone :

var nodTry = xfa.resolveNodes("$.parent.parent.parent.POSTE[*].multiple_resultat.RESULTAT_T1");
//The nodtry is complex because of all the subforms.
var selection = $.boundItem(xfa.event.newText);

if ( this.CARAC.rawValue == "LISTERIA" )
{

if ( selection == "YES" )
	{
//COMPTEUR is the index that I created (I add a columns in my table and filled it in the ABAP program).
// I don't need to do "+1" because index started at 0 in adobe form.
	nodTry.item(this.COMPTEUR.rawValue).mandatory = "error";
	nodTry.item(this.COMPTEUR.rawValue).access = "open";
	nodTry.item(this.COMPTEUR.rawValue).fillColor = "255,255,255";
	}

else if ( selection != "YES" )
	{
	nodTry.item(this.COMPTEUR.rawValue).mandatory = "disabled";
	nodTry.item(this.COMPTEUR.rawValue).access = "readOnly";
	nodTry.item(this.COMPTEUR.rawValue).fillColor = "230,230,230";
	nodTry.item(this.COMPTEUR.rawValue).rawValue = "";
	}
}

Edited by: Louis-Arnaud Bouquin on Feb 9, 2010 11:39 AM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t know how to easily "touch" the next row. Hope thats what you want to do? Only thing I can think of is to get the index of the line you want to do the access from. Next loop at the whole table (for every row!! performance problem!!) and count yourself the index of processed row and find yourself the "next one". But that is crazy. Maybe you can adapt your form structure or copy the values "somehwere" to ease this for you? I would refuse to do this +1 crazy thing:))

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is what I whant to do, to be as clear as possible, this is the functionnal need :

My forms display a list of characteristics, for each work station :

WORK STATION A

CHARAC 1

CHARAC 2

CHARAC 3

WORK STATION B

CHARAC 1

CHARAC 2

CHARAC 3

For one special characteristic(let say if charac = "LISTERIA"), then if the value of this characteristic is "YES", the characteristic just below should be mandatory (to fill how many listeria has been detected).

But LISTERIA could be place anywhere in the form...

I wish I could refuse to do that but it does not seems to be an option

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, ok, keep it on your field but use the parent "pointer" to access the other fields of this line instance. That should help you, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Otto,

I think I am getting it, but I just miss something.

So I wrote something like that :

field1.parent.????.field1.mandatory = "error".

What can I wrote to replace the ????, because I would like to take the next line.

I tried field1.parent(this.index + 1)....

field1.parent[this.index + 1)...

But no success...

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t understand the question. There is always the same list of events available. You only pick the right one from the list. If you use only "Events with scripts" then you will see nothing one level up I guess. And I don´t understand why you cannot change your existing script (on the field) and you need to work with the field:)) But ...there´s always a way... use "parent" directive instead of only "this". Example: myfield.parent points to the mentioned level up (parent) subform.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put the script in the change event of the field1. You tell me to put the code in a upper level (like line A) but at this level how can I check if the field 1 has changed ?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to move your script one level up. This will point to the line subform and no to the field.

Like this.myfield.rawValue instead of only this (field).rawValue. This way you can access the whole row (all fields).

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Otto,

But I want to execute the script on change of the field. How can I see this event if I write the script one level up ?