Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW help for 'Request for Quotation(ME41)'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i need help on lSMW for ME41(quotation).

i want upload the data from legacy system to SAPR/3.

sap has not provided Batch input for ME41.

i have to do through recording..

please explain me how can i do for multiple material items and service items.

the data looks as follows in legacy file:

-Header1 detials

--item1(material item)

--item2(material item)

---service item1

---service item2

-Header2 detials

--item1(material item)

---service item1

please how can i use LSMW for the above legacy file.

please help.

Thanks & Regards,

ramesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It's not easy to do that, I hope you're not new on LSMW.

You need to create a recording for LSMW in your project:

Here the first problem:

- The number of items you could enter will be costants and it'll depend on your recoridng;

You need to create a structure for LSMW where you can konw if a record is for header or item data, so the first field should be a flag indicating the kind of record.

Max

4 REPLIES 4

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ramesh,

why don't you try thru BDC for your scenario.

If standard programs/IDocs doesn't exits it is alwayz advisable to use BDC..

If you want to LSMW in your scenario then you need to write ABAP code in the LSMW for processing those header and item based on the recording.I would advice you to go for BDC in your scenario...

Cheers,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

if u r able to do the recording method it is quite simple

first of all entering the genereal details in the first screen when u execute the first step of lsmw u will get the 4 options rite

then select the 2nd radio button and go with overview right side 2nd icon in the same row

then in the next screen go with create button enter the name of the target structure and description then go with create

it will ask for the tcode which u want to do recording then enter the tcode control leads to the tcode screen

there in the tcode enter the specific and correct values in all of your mandatory fields ie enter the values in the fields what u require for the uploding then go with save button

control again leads to lsmw u will find all the recoding there just remove the dummy values which u entered into the transaction while recording and enter some field name

thats it save it again and

remaining steps r as usual source strcutre, ss fields......

i thinks i clear u r doubt if u r question is other than this one just let me know

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It's not easy to do that, I hope you're not new on LSMW.

You need to create a recording for LSMW in your project:

Here the first problem:

- The number of items you could enter will be costants and it'll depend on your recoridng;

You need to create a structure for LSMW where you can konw if a record is for header or item data, so the first field should be a flag indicating the kind of record.

Max

0 Kudos

hi,

How can i set flag for this in my lsmw for me41.

Can u tell me the procedure or code that will help me a lot

Edited by: dinesh babu on Nov 11, 2008 5:17 AM