cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is sender system determined with XI Protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone describe what happens when a message is sent from ABAP system (7.0) to PI 7.1 using XI Protocol with regards to

Sender Component...

What is the sequence of steps that take place to fill in the value of the sender component ?

For example :

ECC system sends a message to PI

Is is ECC that says that it is Business system ECC_PRODUCTION or does it just send its logical system name and

PI does a lookup for the Business system via the SLD ??? How does this lookup take place... I've not found any documentation

regarding this.

Maybe, ECC regularly probes the SLD to find out which business system it is ? If so, how does it find it... using its technical system or its logical system ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is taking from Inegration Engine Configuration in ECC system. which will be pointing to PI Server.

It is like dest://INTEGRATIONSERVER.

Regards,

Venu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sender ECC, sends it Business System name so it finds out .... how ?

Also, it seems there is some kind of cache because SLD changes to business system are not reflected immediately in ECC calls...

Any ideas ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

so what I've found is that ECC (XI Runtime) gets its Business Component name from SLD. I suppose it gets it through a search through technical Systems.

This information is cached in ECC and is refreshed ... I don't know what triggers this refresh but a call to SLDCheck also refreshes the data.

Thanks.