cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SAPscripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to arrange texts in a pre-printed checks SAPscrpit form. The thing is I need to put the spelled amount a bit lower than what it is now, but I'm uncapable to do it.

My problem is that, either the text doesn't move at all, or it moves a lot, much more I need it to move. I' been trying with the Space before value, with all the available units of measurement, but It's always the same. It seems it doesn't have the enough precissionM because, again, either the text moves a lot, or it doesn't ever move a milimeter.

I also tried with the Lince Spacing values, with different units of measurement too. Since that has failed, I tried to create a new window for that text exclusively, and move it by changing the upper margin values; and trying with all the available units of measurment. I get the same result: I can't make it to move just a bit.

The last thing I tried is to increase the Lines/inch value in the basic settings. With this, I understand, I get more precision and more control over the texts. But guess what: the same results. I even tried with three times the previous value, with no success.

Any ideas or anything I have missed of trying? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ignacio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to move the spelled amount lower by changing the UPPER value in the PAGE WINDOW.

In the standard SAPscript layout set for checks (F110_PRENUM_CHK), the "spelled amount" is in PAGE WINDOW "CHECKSPL".

The original value for UPPER is 56.00 LN (lines). If you need it lower, increase the value. You can use decimals (like 56.25).

Move it to the left or right by changing the LEFT margin value.

Make sure the SAPscript is SAVED and ACTIVATED.

Make sure you copy the SAPscript layout set to the client where you are testing.

Use transaction FCH7 to REPRINT an existing check. Enter your SAPscript name in the ALTERNATIVE FORM field. This will make sure your new form is being used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for answering.

I can see that I have not been enough clear in my previous message exposing everything I have done; I have missed some things.

The SAPscript is F110_PRENUM_CHK indeed. I have used the Copy from Client menu option in order to copy it from 000 client to the development one, as a Z range object.

It wasn't suitable for me format and windows the SAPscript had. So the first thing I did was to create a new format page that has the exact check width and height, and with the Basis consultor help, the printing device SAPWIN was suitablely modified for the printer to print the checks correctly.

Then, due to now the page size was much smaller, I deleted all the windows of the form except MAIN, and in there I put the text elements and events I needed. Due to the check is pre-printed, I only need the amount, the payee name and the spelled amount.

Originally the form had those three texts inside the same MAIN window. Each text has its own paragraph format, and, as I said in my previous message, I have been trying to change the Line spacing and Space before of the one for the spelled amount, and changing the units of measurement for both values, with no success.

After that, I did what you proposed in your message: create a new window exclusively for the spelled amount, and try to arrange it by means of the Upper margin. I had no success either.

I'm completely sure the form is saved and activated, and every time I need to test it with the printing program, I use the SCC1 transaction to transport it. Otherwise (most of times) I test it by means of the Printing Test option.

And the thing of decimal values... Brother, I swear I have tried it. A lot of combinations. It seems the SAPscript doesn't hear me. Again: either the text (or the window, in case I make a new window) moves a lot, or it doesn't move at all.

Regards,

Ignacio

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does sound like you've tried everything. Norman is right though, you should attempt your testing in your Dev environment using FCH7 - this makes micro-adjusting much easier. Just look for a suitable check in table PAYR and print it over and over as needed (or you can create an invoice and run it through the payment program if you know how).

Your symptoms sound very much like a tab and alignment issue with an undersized window, but I'm sure you've checked that as well. When I re-designed all of our company checks for blank laser check stock printing, I did the exact same thing - separated all of the windows and moved them individually, but I never had that issue. I am curious as to why you are using device type SAPWIN instead of a device type that is specifically set up for check printing. Where are your MICR fonts and other secure fonts loaded from? Are you sure that MS Windows is interpreting the data stream correctly? If you make a drastic change in the UPPER value, does the spool show the movement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

First of all, I have made a mistake before: it's not the SAPWIN device who prints, but it's a all-new device created by the BASIS consultor.

I have checked the tab aligment you mentioned. And if I make a drastic change in the upper size, the spool reflects the change perfectly.

I have received help from a job partner. What I have done now is to increase four times the Lines/inch value in the Basic Settings, due to, apparently, regards I try and try increasing or decreasing the margins values by decimals, it always will move the text, either one line, or two. And there is no values in the middle.

So now I achieved a more precise movement using integer values in the margins...

But I have another problem now. I can see the check is OK in the screen, but when I print it, it's not OK. The texts are in a space much more lower than before, and much lower than in the screen. I supose I have to change some value in the printer or in the print device, but, how to do that?

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your output device definition in SPAD on the Output Attributes tab for printer shifts. Since you have a custom device type for check printing, I would recommend that you also set up one or more custom device definitions that are clearly marked as check printing devices, so that no one changes them or uses them for other developments. I use multiple destinations which helps me control the print flow in SAP and in Windows.