cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUS - deployment in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a question about Supplier Self Services. I know that u can deploy it using different scenario's

- service procurement (EBP-SUS) (can also connect with MM)

- plan driven procurement (MM-SUS)

Now a client is using MM for registration of purchase orders as part of the procurement for external labor (services). In the end they want to use ERS (from MM) for the billing part. Now let's say we want to involve the supplier in this process for

a) enter/confirm the service entry sheets of worked hours

b) mointoring the purchase orders (people deployed by them)

c) viewing the invoices being produced by ERS

If the client uses SRM for service procurement we would activate EBP-SUS for the supplier collaboration. Now only MM-SUS is left, but that is more for direct materials.

Is there any other option for the supplier to be able to execute above functions? I am really interested in other deployments in which the process of external labor is captured.

Any help and tips are welcome

Kind Regards,

Arie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think MM-SUS deployment can cover your requirements.

SRM has additional functions.

- search Service Agents

- Skill profile with Adobe Form

- creating RFx

If you do not need these functions MM-SUS is fine

Regards,

Masa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I think I will get a problem showing services PO if I use the Standard MM-SUS scenario.

Note 868192 states that I can not display purchase orders that have item category D but only PO assigned to material purchase orders.

Since the client wants to use it for external labor (services) the stand scenario will not show PO's in SUS nor can service entry be generated, although these functionalities indeed are covered in MM normaly.

So is there any other way out or is the SUS-MMSRV consulting solution from Note 868192 the only option?

Kind regards,

Arie

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the note like this.

- Functions are available in SRM 7.0 with ERP 6.0 EhP4. Both version have been in general release.

- If your version is old one, consulting package is available.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa is right. SRM 7.0 should cover yr scenario.

Service procurement is greatly enhanced in 7.0

For Invoice & other reporting in SRM SUS you may need BI integration

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Masa,

Thanks for the advice, I still have one more question.

Does this mean I don't have to follow SAP's advice stated below?

In the Plan-Driven Procurement with Supplier Integration business scenario, you can use Supplier Self-Services (SUS) and SAP Materials Management (SAP MM) in conjunction with each other.

SAP MM is used as the procurement system, since this scenario involves the procurement of direct materials.

*This business scenario is not suitable for the procurement of services or indirect materials*

In other words are there any consequences for using the MM-SUS plan driven procurement scenario for services instead of direct materials?

Kind Regards,

Arie

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

MM can handle direct material , indrect material and services.

Please check some document "Service Procurement" in http://servicde.sap.com/srm

Regards,

Masa