cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions From Your End Plz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is SRIRAM(raja) i am working as SAP EP Consultant.

Now i want to enter into WebdynPro for JAVA Programming ,

I have little bit core java knowledge and programming skills of c and c++,

I want to improve my programming skills and what is the procedure to become a good programmer ?

[I think these are necessary to know as become a good programmer]

Can you please suggest me ...How can i grow as a good programmer in this SAP EP side?

[Finally till now i am just 60% student and also 60% Programmer]

Say All The Best To ME.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Do not worry. As you have already worked in java, you must have fair knowlege of object oriented programming. Moreover, there is not much coding to do here as most of the codes for creating UI elements on screen is auto-generated. All you have to do is customize the functionality and it will come through practice. But, I assure you wont take much time to improve. Rather I would say, you will get opportunity to explore many more new things. And, believe it, it is interesting.

You can refer the following link to start with tutorials once you have installed NWDS and configured it for J2EE Server. Then you will yourself start trying other things. Just stay in touch with SDN for any issues. It would really be helpful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b9/5b15422ecce02ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Wish you luck!

Regards,

Tushar SInha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you get the book Java Programming with SAP Netweaver, avaiable in SAP Press. It will also come with the App Server, there you can practice a bit of the J2EE you can do inside NW.

There's also General information about other tecnologies from the stack, so you will have more information to work with.

After that, try to get both WDP books avaiable in SAP Press. Read the easy one first, it's pretty basic, start the next one when you already have some practice. It will be easy aswell, WDP is not complicated at all - (except from all the bugs and things you cannot do with it, but this is an endless story..)

I will have to respectfully disagree with the post above, you will have code in WDP, lots actually. I think it really depends on how complicated is the stuff you are working with, and how much functionallity you will code in your UI.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar Sinha and Daniel,

ThanX for your FeedBack and encouraging me ,

before that i never worked on java, but i have oops concepts knowledge perfectly...

I want to know, the table is dispalyed in the webdynpro browser when we calls the Adaptive RFC Model.

after i want to add one more row in the webdynpro and just clicking on add button the row will be updated in the ECC server(backend) for that how can i write the coding, regarding this issue can you please help me.

like that type of coding i want to know in webdynpro..that's what i am looking into it logicallyyyy....(i think by practice i can get)

anyway ThanX to you people really boosting my confidence,

Edited by: sriram thota on Nov 20, 2009 6:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I have responded to you issue regarding RFC call in the other thread started by you. Kindly, have a look and come back to be if there is any doubt.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha

Answers (0)