cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Session.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you kill a ITS session after exiting a browser?

Currently the service in SICF is setup for external access for our websites but when the use closes the browser the user session that's the service is logged into is still alive. I've tried to use ~SINGLETRANSACTION = 1 but that doesn't seem to work since this isn't a webgui interface.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Session management on the ITS (without Portal) is done with ~disconnectonclose

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the value of ~disconnectonclose set to?

When I try to run it I get a ITS template error: ITS_CANT_LOAD_INCLUDE when it is in use but once I've taken it out it works again.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's the ITS version?

~disconnectonclose with a value of 1 is to activate this feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's integrated ITS that came with ECC 6.0 so I'm not sure of the exact version.

When I set the value to 1 is when it blows up.

Edited by: VatHB on Nov 19, 2009 1:05 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With Integrated ITS it would be good to know what Basis Support Package and Kernel level your system is on.

What service is this (or copy of?) and what parameters and values does it currently have in the GUI Configuration of SICF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSTORE NEW_GIFTS

~SOURCES ZW20

#~DISCONNECTONCLOSE 1

~THEME S2

~TRANSACTION ZW20

~USERAGENTCHECK 0

Here is our SAP info:

ECC 6.0

Kernel 700, Sup. Pkg. Lvl 201

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason the disconnectonclose is not working is most likely because of the "theme s2". Could you change the templates to be in theme sl instead?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see how the S2 would affect the parameter. We have other themes we are using that don't contain numbers and it still doesn't disconnect.

The landscape of our website is not of the usual where a user automatically comes into the site starting up the SAP ITS session. They start at the front end of the site then once a item is added to the basket it is then the SAP ITS session will start and they can go back to the front end to pick up more products to add.

I've tried it on another one of our website and it's still not working when they close the browser. What occurs when the session timeout in the SICF is not set? When will the session end?

~COOKIE 0

~SOURCES ZW20

~DISCONNECTONCLOSE 1

~THEME BN

~TRANSACTION ZW20

~USERAGENTCHECK 0

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had thought that it might be the ~theme because the templates and mimes for standard features are in the SL theme. I suppose the best would be to actually have the errors that occur when the ~disconnectonclose is set to 1 so that we can determine the error and why it occurs. You should use a tool like fiddler or httpwatch to help in this.

As for the timeout of a session, please see note 705013.

Edgar