Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide a page

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

After this post all were ok -->

But now, i have a problem when I print a PDF directly by SAP. If i have 2 page and one is hide, SAP print the second to.

With acrobat reader all is ok.

Do you have a solution or an idea for not printing the hiding page ?

Thierry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, consider this:

1) Adobe components on SAP backend are older version than the current front end = Adobe Reader, that means that the form can be "interpreted" not the same way when displaying preview in Reader

2) check your printer configuration, there will be a difference between the printer to preview the form and to print it using sap spool

3) check your scripting, maybe there is a "half-bug", a thing that Reader can survive but the Printer can not

4) use SFP - trace, set very detailed trace and check the logs attached to the PDF preview doc

Otto

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you otto,

i try this monday and i'll give a response.

Thierry

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

check LiveCycle Designer Scripting Basics doc, chapter Events, all the events and when they´re launched are described here. I can recommend you to read this too, Otto

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried all you sya to me.

I tried to put the code in all event but it is the same problem.

Acrobat reader is ok but in the spool SAP is not ok.

I think you are right for this help.

>>) Adobe components on SAP backend are older version than the current front end = Adobe Reader, that means that the form >>can be "interpreted" not the same way when displaying preview in Reader

I ma going to try to send a message to sap marketplace for see if they have an idea.

Thierry

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wrote to SAP and the response is :

Our system SAPSOLMAN is on an old version.

Our administrator will upgrade it in a few days.

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Are you using the layout:ready event for the script? Please note that a difference between using Reader and printing to the spool is that not all events will fire.

Regards,

Juergen

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess it was my post which let you close the previous question and you mentioned above. So it must be me to help you further now:)) Can you please describe your current status in more detail?

Please provide a script which should do the job, describe the relevant part of the form structure and relevant customizing of the form (like pagination tab changes etc.). Then we can solve this out, regards, Otto

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I m going to explan my problem to another way

With the previous post, the problem for hiding a page was solved.

I use the VF03 (or an other, is the same thing) transaction, I can print or show to screen the pdf generated

If I chose to show the PDF at screen, it is ok the page hided is not show in acrobat and I can print it

If I chose to print directly the generated PDF, SAP put it in the spool and it show to me 2 pages.

- If i print the document in the spool, i have 2 pages on the printer.

- If i choose to show the the document in the spool at screen (with acorbat), i have 1 pages on the printer.

The code(script) for hide the page is ok with acrobat but not with the SAP spool.

Thierry

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if you know at the time of creating the form that page 2 is not necessary, why do you create it???

br

norbert

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes...

I want to use only one form and print the second page with a condition (it is ok with acrobat).

An other possibily is to create two forms :

One with one page and one with to page and I choice the form with my condition.

but i prefer for developpemant facility have only one form.

Thierry