cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Regarding File to IDOC Scenario (1:2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a scenario like One File to Two IDOC's . In file we are getting some business functions (It's One feild in source file) , Some Business functions I need to map with One IDOC and some with other Idoc.

So I need to route a file content to two different Idoc's at a time.

I know this we can achieve this by using standard functions but not aware what to use.

So could anyone guide me how to achieve this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saydulu,

>>n file we are getting some business functions (It's One feild in source file) , Some Business functions I need to map with One IDOC and some with other Idoc.

So you know which fields to map to idocA and whih to IdocB

Now to configure this...

1. create a Message Mapping

Add source as the message type which you created for file and target as the IDocs which you want to use .. Make sure you add them in the signature tab of message mapping. Here I will suggest to change the occurence of IDoc node befotre adding it to message mapping signature tab.. By default it is 1..1. To change the occurence download the XSD of Idoc and change the minoccur to 0 and maxoccurs to unbounded. This shopuld be done for both the Idocs.

2. Create a interface mapping with the source message interface (or service interface) and target Idoc names. No need to create any service interface for Idoc, you can use the same Idocs (that is imported from SAP)

3. Use this in interface determination of Integration Directory

Regards

suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

I knew all these procedure. I know which feilds to map. I laready completed mapping by importing IDOC's from Signature tab and occurance is 1 to 1.

I am just wondering why do we need to change occurance as 0 to unbounded by importing XSD. if it's really required for multi mapping. does my mapping will distrub due to this occurance change.

And I know based on what feild do I need to route a file into two different IDOC's.

Suggest me some node functions how to achieve this..

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you change the occurance in the Signature tab then yes the mapping will be disturbed

Is it required for multimapping? If the max occurence of the root node is not more than 1 then multimapping wont happen...so you need to change the occurence as by default the max occurence may be 1..1

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI abhishek,

Is there any procedure changing the coccurance without affetcing the current mapping.

By importing XSD like that..

what is the difference between changing occurance from signature tab and changing occurance by importing as XSD.

which one do you suggest for my scenario

Edited by: Saydulu Kolasani on Nov 19, 2009 12:10 PM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saydulu,

If you have already done the multimapping by importing both IDocs in target then you will be seeing a Message/Message0 in target side right?

Now if you change the occurence in XSD your mapping will not be affected, And this should be the approach which you should follow

Regards

suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

intially I haven't imported like XSD. I did it from SIgnature tab by seleceting IDOC there.

I come to know that if I change Occurance from Signature tab my mapping will be changed so shall I change occurance by importing IDOC XSD like minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounde". both serves same or functionality is different??

My requirement is that if I get 10 line items I need 10 IDOC's get created.

Which should you suggest in this case..

Now my question is that what is the difference between changing IDOC occurance from Signatura Tab and Changing occurnance from importing IDOC XSD Structure.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello...

>>My requirement is that if I get 10 line items I need 10 IDOC's get created.

Make minOccurs and MaxOccurs in XSD of the Idoc

>>Now my question is that what is the difference between changing IDOC occurance from Signatura Tab and Changing occurnance from importing IDOC XSD Structure.

Both are same.. Though I am not sure in runtime how it will behave., IF you have already changed the occurence in Signature of Message Mapping then go ahead and test the scneario...

But even if you keep the occurence to 1..1 and import the XSD there it will not affect your mapping.. Try doing this and if you feel any issue dont save and activate thats is...

Regards

Suraj

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saydulu,

-->refer the below blog michal so that you can understand how to change the occurance of an idoc.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multi mapping for Idoc types not supported. So you need to create two different mapping for each Idoc type and use conditional receiver determination.

But in condition editor donot mention any condition .

Edited by: nagarjuna _s on Nov 19, 2009 11:38 AM