Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about input field of screen painter

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want in input box direct entry not allowed only through search help and i have already put search help in that input box . This input box is on screen painter .

give the solution .

e-mail id -- kknewdelhi@gmail.com

4 REPLIES 4

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this field had check table then it will only allows the values from check table.

Check whether there is also a check table associated with this field, if it only has search help then it will also allow other entries than the listed values.

Regards

Manohar

0 Kudos

Maybe you could block input entry at first, and unblock it when the F4 function is called...You should use a custom F4 function in order to achieve this.

LOOP AT SCREEN.
IF SCREEN-NAME EQ 'MY_FIELD'.
SCREEN-INPUT = 0.
MODIFY SCREEN.
ENDIF.
ENDLOOP.

PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT.
*CALL YOU CUSTOM F4 HERE...AND ALLOW INPUT.

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

If I am getting your Q right, you wish to display your custom values when the user clicks on f4.

For this you should use the event POV. this event comes after the PAI event.

If you want custome help when user clicks F1, then you can use the event Process on Help-request.

Process on value-request.

Field <input box name> module value_for_box.

module value_for_box input.

select...

call function 'popup_with_table_display'

or call function 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'.

Navneet

PS: please award points if useful

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the screenpainter, set the 'dropdown' attribute for the field to 'listbox'. This prevents direct entry to the field and restricts it to values held in the dropdown.