cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing u010D and u0107

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

it's about two days that I am looking for a way to print these characters in sap smartforms ... I used sap note 776507, but nothing happens ... can anybody please tell me which are the steps I have to check to print these characters please?

Thanks

gabriele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tested with a small SAPscript and a small smart form on my system, it works.

- Font used is COURIER 12.

- My SAP system is Unicode (code page 4103, check SNLS transaction, "application server" field), release 7.0 sp 13, and kernel 7.0 sp 179. Output device access method is G. It uses I2SWIN device type which uses code page 1406 (as I can see in SCP transaction, it converts č into hex E6, and ć into hex C9).

- My frontend (windows XP + sapgui 4.40 sp 23) is identified by SAP as being code page 4110 = utf-8 (transaction SNLS, check "frontend" field). SAPlpd has release 6.28, has no font substitution defined, Character Set is Latin1.

- My printer is a Ricoh Aficio 3040. The windows driver seems to convert SAPlpd format into PCL.

- I am located in France, my client has only to deal with French language.

As far as you can, could you test with the same parameters?

Could you tell us what is your configuration (copy/paste my text and replace by your values)?

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

and thanks for your help.

These are same

- My SAP system is Unicode (code page 4103, check SNLS transaction, "application server" field),Output device access method is G.

code page 4110 = utf-8 (transaction SNLS, check "frontend" field).

saplpd has no font substitution defined, Character Set is Latin1.

I tune setting according to your for :

- Font used is COURIER 12.

It uses I2SWIN device type which uses code page 1406

Difference:

- I have sapgui 7.10

SAPlpd has release 6.29,

How can I check following?

release 7.0 sp 13, and kernel 7.0 sp 179.

The windows driver seems to convert SAPlpd format into PCL.

as I can see in SCP transaction, it converts č into hex E6, and ć into hex C9

thanks

gabriele

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for the info. Maybe a problem with SAPgui release, could you check sap notes around that? Or maybe your printer has not a complete COURIER font installed...

>

> release 7.0 sp 13, and kernel 7.0 sp 179.

>

in sap menu, choose System | Status. There are 2 buttons: "Detail" button gives me SAP_ABA 700 0013 SAPKA70013 (means 7.0 sp 13). There is "kernel" button (shift-F5) which will give you your kernel.

>

> The windows driver seems to convert SAPlpd format into PCL.

>

From windows control panel, printers, click properties, and Advanced options (or something like that). For my printer, I see "RICOH Aficio 3030 PCL 5e", but I think the information may or may not be displayed according to each printer driver.

Please mention your printer model too.

>

> as I can see in SCP transaction, it converts č into hex E6, and ć into hex C9

>

Start SCP, enter your code page (1406), enter character U0107 (and U010D), uncheck "segment" field below (for better display), execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

release 7.0

Service Pack 1 x86 MS VC++ 14.00

for what about printers, I see a PS : driver is

looking for 2605dn_2605dtn ps

... looking for sap not about what you mentioned ...

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you also check your printer settings (from Windows panel) according to the HP color laserjet 2605 manual (page 136):

TrueType Font settings

This option specifies the TrueType font settings. The following settings are available.

- Substitute with Device Font. This setting causes the printer to use equivalent fonts for printing documents that contain TrueType fonts. This permits faster printing; however, you might lose special characters that the printer font does not support. This is the default setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried to change settings, but still not works. ... but searching in SPAD under

Device Types -> Print Control I see:

S1401   Activate character set ISO 8859/2 (Latin-2)

I like it very much .. but where should I use this option?

thanks

Gabriele

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Print controls can be directly used by using PRINT-CONTROL command (check sap library).

Bytes are determined according to the combination device type/print control (SPAD, display the device type, and display the print controls tab). These bytes are then directly sent to the printer (see printer manual for more information).

For I2SWIN, SAPWIN, HPLJ4, this print control is not defined, so it is useless.

Could you test what your printer can print, by generating a file with all bytes from 32 to 255 (program below), open it from notepad, print and see if č and ć are printed. Compare between display and print too.

DATA l_int1 TYPE int1.
FIELD-SYMBOLS <l_int1_hexa> TYPE x.
DATA l_pos TYPE i.
DATA l_x256 TYPE x LENGTH 256.
DATA lt_x256 LIKE TABLE OF l_x256.
ASSIGN l_int1 TO <l_int1_hexa> CASTING.
DO 256 TIMES.
  IF l_int1 BETWEEN 32 AND 255.
    l_x256+l_pos(1) = <l_int1_hexa>.
    ADD 1 TO l_pos.
  ENDIF.
  IF l_int1 = 255.
    EXIT. "to avoid dump
  ENDIF.
  ADD 1 TO l_int1.
ENDDO.
APPEND l_x256 TO lt_x256.
CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'
  EXPORTING
    bin_filesize = l_pos
    filename     = `c:\test_printer_latin2.txt`
    filetype     = 'BIN'
  TABLES
    data_tab     = lt_x256
  EXCEPTIONS
    OTHERS       = 22.

PS: correction about one of my previous messages: I was mentioning the conversions for code page 1406

č -> hex E6

ć -> hex C9

that's WRONG, in fact the correct conversion is:

č -> hex E8

ć -> hex E6

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check which wincharset is sent to SAPlpd, it should be 238 (windows 1250 ~ Latin 2). For that, you should:

1) SPAD transaction, set debug mode for your frontend printing output device (menu Edit | Test tool or Debug) and log first 10 kb

2) print

3) stop debug (SPAD)

4) SP01, display output request, display the log, "all information" button, and make sure you have the Esc W 238 command (sets WinCharSet 238). Note that with the HEX view, you may see the C8 and C6 codes for č and ć

Well, if the wincharset and hex values are okay, I guess that it's a printer problem. Maybe it's time now to call HP or SAP support to make it work!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

and sorry for my late response but yesterday I was without pc. I tried what you said and for what about the report, I cannot see the characters, for what about SPAD logging, I followed your instructions, but I Cannot see "all informations" button in SP01. Is it in main screen or detail view of my spool request?

regards

gabriele

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you display the list of output requests (not spool requests), choose second tab from SP01 "output requests", you have a LOG button in a column of the output requests ALV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sandra,

but for now I have to give up till system guy will come: I deactivate in SU01 "immediate output" flag ... but when I hit "print" on a form, the system start printing ... so I tried to deactivate default printer (to be asked for print and choose printer I am modifying) but anyway, if I hit print, system start printing. There is some setting wrong I don't know and till these will be not managed it makes no sense to make try. When I will be able to try again I will post.

Thank you for now.

Gabriele

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand why you don't want to print immediately (I mean why is it related to č and ć problem), but okay I wait.

By the way, you should contact HP / SAP, that will probably solve the problem of č and ć faster

Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Nov 24, 2009 10:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

here's the situation: I FINALLY PRINT THOSE CHARACTERS.

I don't know what is the problem but was not driver or device type... today I was creating a new smartform completely custom ... I made a print and (surprise) instead of italian characters à è ì ò ù I get # .A nightmare i thought, but after a while I realized: this was because I was printing with latin2 set.

This is the problem I think: the problem "č and ć" was for form of purchase order print by ME9F. Monday, I stopped to post because I recognize that when try to change SU01 printer setting, I cannot see difference ... I think that ME9F (on a co-relate setting) print on an its own way and not following predefined printer of the user. So I had to understand how to fix this, but effectively most of the try all you said me, works and č and ć are correctly printed so that I am really sorry to make you lose so much time for an error that seems independent of printer setting.

gabriele

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey, you don't make me lose my time (I was very curious to know what was the issue, thank you for the feedback ). The experience here is that we should have retested from scratch to identify each problem source. That will help the community too, I hope.

Why you have an issue with ME9F, I don't know! The only thing you can do with ME9F is to choose a printer. Maybe the characters are misinterpreted before the spool is generated. Difficult to say here, that'd be better to log on your system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was in fact waiting to definitively solve the problem to post it but obviously there was already a [post |;about it. The message for output is created when creating order, so if you change the printer after creating the order, you will not see new printer till new order is created. And I confirm that:

1) using IS2WIN latin2 driver, the Latin2 set is used (but cannot see other set character)

2) using SWINCF a unicode set is used and can see all characters of all set

Thank you very much to all you especially to Sandra

Best regards

Gabriele

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

link:[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c0169b51-95d5-2b10-469e-f488b2ab5b58&overridelayout=true]

Former Member
0 Kudos

The two characters shown are part of the Latin 2 character set (ISO 8859-2).

Most of the SAP device types use Latin 1.

The printer you are using has to use a device type that references the Latin 2 character set.

Is it an HP printer? If yes, you can probably use the I2HP4 device type. Change the device type in transaction SPAD to I2HP4 and see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a my own test device printer and I am trying for it a lot of driver in device type tab of SPAD, but still not working. I see that when the print is launched, SAPLPD is always invoked ... is this correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPLPD starting means the Access Method for the printer in transaction SPAD is set for one of the front end options. It is printing using your Windows default printer.

If you want to print this way, you could try the I2SWIN device for SAPLPD printing with Latin-2 character set.

If you want to print without the SAPLPD, you could change the Access Method settings and try the I2HP4 device type (for an HP compatible printer).

Former Member
0 Kudos

My need is to print with with SAPLPD; I tried the driver you suggest, but still not work. Searching on SAPLPD gui (that appears when printing) I found (option -> font substitution) that charcater set is LATIN-1. How can I set it to LATIN-2 ?

thanks

Gabriele

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can only guess. The SAPLPD uses your Windows settings. Your Windows environment is probably set for US. You would probably have to set your Windows system to a region that uses Latin 2 character set. This would be in the Control Panel for Regional and Language Options.

This sounds like a difficult solution for this problem. In the past when I have needed to print Latin-2 characters, I use two options.

1. I prefer not using the SAPLPD. We set up printers with the correct device type and character set.

2. Code it as it should work and have someone in the other country test it.

You can also convert to a PDF file, but this involves another step.

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele

I have implemented the cascading fonts solution 3 times now, and I have some experience you may find usefull.

You may find special older solutions to print the special characters with different device types, but the cascading fonts solution and the use of device type SWINCF is the correct solution - because this solution with some exceptions will fix the problem for all special charaters (Chinese, Russian, Eastern Europe, Scandianavia and so on).

There are however a few important things you should know.

It will only work with newest versions of SAP systems. I have set it up on SAP R/3 Enterprise (4.7) but in that case we needed to implement a few OSS notes.

It will only work with Access Method G and S. This is also setup in SPAD. This means that you can not use SAPLPD. Access method G is for local (frontend) printing and this should work out of the box if you have newest SAPGui. Access method S is for server side printing, and to make this work you need SAPSprint installed on your printer server.

Best regards

Thomas Madsen Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried this way, but with no luck... I don't know if I did it correctly: I installed note about SWINCF and then create a output device using SWINCF as driver and access method G. Do I miss something?

regards

gabriele

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe.

What SAP version?

Did you read note 906031?

best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

I post [here|http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/425/sshotu.png] a screenshot of configuration of SWINCF. I think is not correct because I can see SAPLPD too many times written. I arrived here from SPAD -> device type double click on SWINCF. Can anybody please give me an hint to adjust it ?

thank to all you helping me

regards

gabriele

Edited by: Gabriele Montori on Nov 20, 2009 11:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes .. I read that note and I checked both requirements

thanks

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele

You have exactly the same setup at me. In my system it also says SAPlpd all over, although this does not make any sense.

Best Regards

Thomas

NAeda
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Use Cascading fonts,

For printing special characters as per the snote Note 812821 - (Cascading Font settings).

rgds

Aeda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I see the note, but is this for printing ? let me explain a bit better: in smartforms transaction (while designing form), I can see č and ć, but when I print smartform (from the transaction on which the form is binded) I cannot see them: they are substituted with ##.

thanks

gabriele

NAeda
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, for the same.

Change device type according to the note. it works fine .

rgds

Aeda

Edited by: Aeda N on Nov 19, 2009 3:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I implemented the note via SNOTE transactions, but still not working; what do you mean with "Change device type according to the note".

Thanks for helping me

Gabriele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Use the SPAD transaction for change the printer settings for a given device.

Regards

Tamá

NAeda
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SPAD

Click on Full administration

go device type, Create Device type SWINCF- Casc.Fonts SAPWIN Unicode

And Assign this device type to your Output device(Printer).

click http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2240/imagej3.png

Consult your basis consultant to configure the printer settings

Rgds

Aeda

Edited by: Aeda N on Nov 19, 2009 4:47 PM

Edited by: Aeda N on Nov 19, 2009 4:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I followed your instruction (except for creating swincf device type that was already existing); then I create another output device and I assigned to it swincf device type. Saved and tryed to print with that printer .. but still not working ... any idea are welcome.

Thanks

Gabriele

PS in access method I set "direct operating system call"

Edited by: Gabriele Montori on Nov 19, 2009 1:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check whether the printer is capable of printing the format you want.

Also check the Data Type also by default it will be RAW, change to TEXT and test the same.

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

first try to print those characters from MSWORD in the same printer that u use from SAP. if they are printing then it is a driver problem, if not its printer not compatablility problem ... check

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

you read my mind: I have in my hands a paper printed via MS word with č and ć. It prints without any problems. How can I fix this driver problem so?

a little update: now in preview I can see the characters (before never seen) but when printing they become ###

Edited by: Gabriele Montori on Nov 19, 2009 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/sandbox/SandraRossitest+page#SandraRossitestpage-Printingof%22special%22characters

and for

How does printing work?

This may be helpful for you ....check

surya

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's fun, I was following this current thread and I was waiting for hints to update my wiki (it's sandbox, don't forget ) to try to explain how to troubleshoot, how printing work, etc. Currently this wiki is only draft, I will "publish" it in a few days in the abap wiki space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I read your draft. So you confirm that: if I can see these character both in smartforms and in print preview I have a driver problem?

NAeda
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one more thing,

For that Printer which contains Device type SWINCF, Check the Access method if you are using Bercley protocal, Kindly change it Front End Printing(F).

Rgds

Aeda

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aeda

My experience is that not all aspects of CF will work with access method F. You should use access method G for frontend printing.

In OSS note 906031 you can read General requirements for cascading fonts:

- For SAPWIN front-end printing with access method "G", a current SAP GUI

6.40 version is required (the old access method "F" is not supported).

Best regards

Thomas

PS. Please read all the other General requirements for cascading fonts also.