cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi mapping - solution ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

This is regarding a typical scenario where SAP XI 3.0 receives data through an outbound ABAP proxy , the output of these have to be files ...but the problem is :

a) There will be around 15 files - 5 of type .txt , 5 of type .CSV and 5 of .RTF all to placed on a single location , how to achieve this ? design wise . ..

b) all the files will have different formats i.e all txt files will be of a different format but the source data will be the same ,which means from the same incoming Xl different files need to be formed , We dont want to use BPM ...

does it mean we need 15 differenct Communication channels ??

and do we require 15 different mapping also ??

Kindly suggest if it can be done through multi mapping , i am unsure how

thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

If the source structure is capable of generating all the 15 files then go for multimapping and you can acheve the desired results

>>does it mean we need 15 differenct Communication channels ??

Yes, because all files will have different name and you need to use variable substitution

>>and do we require 15 different mapping also ??

Not required one multimapping will be enough

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks for your reply ..

however i am unsure how to do that using Multi mapping ...

First time for me to do so !! and why do i need variable substitution ?

can you please helpe me with some links for both the topics .

thanks

Dev

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make use of this option to get all the relevant links:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=&objID=f44&dateRange=all&numResults=15

This will avoid spamming of your post and hence SDN!

If you still are not able to locate the documents then let us know....somebody will surely help you out.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

IF your filenames are always static (along with timestamp) then you don't need to use variable substitution...If you want all the files to have some unique name (say based on some id in the target payload) then you have to go for variable substitution

For multimapping check these links

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=79955426

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=%28J2EE3414700%29ID1981012450DB0107297976066050286...

They might be referring to one or more output format.. but in your case you need 15 output format so youy need to just add the receiver fomats to target side of mapping..

Also search sdn you will get more help on this topic

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Yes my file names are different so i think i will have to use variable substitution

Thanks for your response however I have two questions

a) These 15 files are of different out put formats( as in the 5 csv files have different layouts and so does the 5 txt files ) , so does it essentially mean 15 different mappings and 15 different file communication channels ?

b) Enhance interface determination basically helps me in creating (n)Target interfaces from 1 source message, right ?

but then when i have 15 different mappings ... how does multi mapping help ? isnt itas good as 15 different interaces ??

Please respond

I am confused

DEv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me on this !

I need to know the steps i should follow to configure this scenario where i am receiveing data from Outbound proxy in ABAP

and then from that i need to create 15 files all of different formats but of 3 main types ... .

please let me know what all to be done

thanks

Dev

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>a) These 15 files are of different out put formats( as in the 5 csv files have different layouts and so does the 5 txt files ) , so does it essentially mean 15 different mappings and 15 different file communication channels ?

No need of 15 mappings, one multimapping will do.. where from one source message type you are creating 15 target message type....

>>b) Enhance interface determination basically helps me in creating (n)Target interfaces from 1 source message, right ?

but then when i have 15 different mappings ... how does multi mapping help ? isnt itas good as 15 different interaces ??

i think you are confused.. do like this

1. Create a message mapping

2. Go to the signature tab and add one source message type and 15 target message type..

3. Come to definition tab and complete the mapping

4. You can see that lot of Message, Message0 etc are created, these help in doing multimapping and this is multimapping

1. Create interface mapping

2. Go to the signature tab and add one source message interface and 15 target message interface..

3. Do read interface and select the mapping done in above step

1. Create interface determination.

2. Provide the interface mapping created above there

3. Create 15 communication channel and 15 receiver agreement

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

for communication channel - as you say the location is the same and only the file name would vary you can either use variable substitution or dynamic configuration and use the same communication channel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj for your help