cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA25 - Functioanality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your expertise on building one functinal spec.

We have been running a Z report which is an enhanced version to standard VA25 functionalities having more input /fileds and with more processing and output. This report was build some 5 to 6 years ago.

Sine then there has been lots of enhancement's /changes on the Z_report. Every time when there was an enhancement /change they have been changed specfic to that situation but not having /complete understanding of whole functionality.

Now all these have ended up in a performance issue where same table being called many times.

Hence, we are planning to scrap out this report and build a NEW REPORT having all the existing functionalites in place.

What I needed is the standard functionilites and standard logic of this report in detail so that I can add the existing functionalites and build a new fresh functinal spec.

If there are any functional spec for the standard VA25 ? or any inputs on this subject is much appreciated.

Unfortunatley we do not have any old documenation or FS for this report presently.

Best Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In place of making z report, you can try to customize the report VA05, VA25 ( SAPMV75A):-

Go to SPRO - Sales and Distribution - System Modification - Create New Field (Without Condition Technique) - New Field for lists of sales and distribution documents - Futher display fields for list in sales documents - SAPMV75A :

The following structures are relevant for the lists of Sales and Distribution documents:

VBMTV (Lists of Sales Documents)

These structures contain display fields possible in the standard version for list of sales and distribution documents. If you want to provide an additional field in the lists, you must include the field in the respective structure:

VBMTVZ (Customer enhancements for lists of sales documents)

these fields are supplied with data in the lists, you must include the enhanced field in the respective Include:

V05TZZMO (further document fields for lists of sales documents)

VV05TFZ1 (further address fields for lists of sales documents)

VV05TFZ2 (further status fields for lists of sales documents)

VV05TFZ3 (customer-defined fields for lists of sales documents)

regards

Vivek.

Edited by: Vievk Vardhan on Nov 19, 2009 1:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply.

Doing this way do you mean that adding the additional fields to the structure, we can adopt all the logic's that have been developed on every enhancement/change recently to this report can be added ?

As this was develped long back we dont have the FS when it was originally developed?

Hence now jus we need to understand all the input fileds, logics, and output and compare with standard report (VA25) and build a new fresh functional spec.... Is it feasible?

Please advice..

Best Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you don't have any documents related to z report, this excerice can be done once. I would advice to adopt the standard way of doing as available in SAP. To come up with the customer satisfaction you need to understant the requirements first.

regards

Vivek.

Edited by: Vievk Vardhan on Nov 19, 2009 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I got what you mean.. Apologies i failed to mention you this. The system was upgraded from 4.6c to Ecc 6 year back.

Since the upgradatoin what ever changes/enhancements being made to the report i have those requirements.

So now, if do we have any docs or specs for the standard logic's/functionalities of VA25 then i can embed our new enhancement that happend and draw a new spec.

Please advice.

Best Regards,

Ram