Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 - RFC Lookup Error

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In R/3 we have one Z table contains the fileds ZLIFNR,LIFNR (Legacy Vendor -> SAP Vendor). By using the RFC_READ_TABLE, we pass this table name in mapping and do the lookup using standard function.

When test the mapping, I am getting the below error.

-

Unhandled RFC exception:

<rfc:RFC_READ_TABLE.Exception xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-

com:document:sap:rfc:functions"><Name>RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE</Name><Text>One of the field names in the SELECT clause was

not

recognized.</Text><Message><ID>RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE</ID><Number>null</Number></Message></rfc:RFC_READ_TABLE.Exception>

-

I am not able to find the reason why the error is coming. (For the same input, if we execute the RFC in R/3, it returns the output successfully.

Any idea friends, to solve this problem ?

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jag,

This could be the reason becuase of communication channel ,check your communication channel,

then check are you passing correct input values to the RFC function,and also check RFC table has values .

Regards,

Raj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thank you all for your reply. This is the problem due to passing the input to RFC. I just tried 2 to 3 times to map to the input. Finally it is working correctly.

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegathees,

There might be problem in the xml string that you are passing to InputStream in the UDF for RFC lookup. Match your xml string with one provided in this article http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70d90a91-3cf4-2a10-d189-bfd37d9c3231&override... . Find the proper string at page 7. Also go through the code for UDF. It is same as your requirement.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegathees..

Check whether there is a mismatch in the imported RFC and the one in ECC.. I would recommend you to again re-import the RFC and test your interface.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to find the reason why the error is coming. (For the same input, if we execute the RFC in R/3, it returns the output successfully.

It means ur RFC is just fine...

So the prblm lies in the configuration u r doing...

Can u please cross check once ur configuration and UDF accoring to http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/User-definedMappingFunctionforRFC+Lookup

If still problems please post the query..

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
><Text>One of the field names in the SELECT clause was not recognized.</Text>

Confirm that the fieldnames (table entries) that you are using in the Select query of your lookup are proper. The names used should be same as they are in the RFC.....and currently available in the table