Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted role/ profile during user comparison in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I need one clarification on the user comparison in PFCG. I did user comparison for a specific role in PFCG. Now System deleted all expried profile ( valid to ) for this role from the user master. It is fine for me.

Now i saw some of the users having proper valid to field ( means not expried 31.12.9999) also got deleted.

My question is why it was happened ..Any idea ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check also the 'valid from' field?

Did you check the existence of the profile (means the relation role name<>profile name)?

b.rgds, Bernhard

10 REPLIES 10

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check also the 'valid from' field?

Did you check the existence of the profile (means the relation role name<>profile name)?

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Yes. The valid from date was there.

Also the profile corresponding to that role also exist. I told that the incident was happended on sone valid users.

0 Kudos

Often PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES produces behaviour such as this (which is exactly what it does).

Did you run that as well?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I have clicked only user comparison button.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

HI Mukulchand,

Check the following SAP note and verify if you have the corrections in your systems.

SAP Note 1132448 - PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES: Username selection is ignored

-

You run the report PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES either directly or in PFCG (using the menu option "Utilities" -> "Optimize User Assignment") and you select "Remove Validity Periods That Have Already Expired".

In the simulation run, the list display is correct. If you run the report without a simulation run (with changes to the database), this results in a loss of data. This error affects users who are not contained in the selection.

-

SAP Note 865841 - Various errors occur in the report PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES

Cheers !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I saw these two notes. But my question is I have done user comparison from PFCG > user > user comparison button .

After that it was happened , the valid profile for some of the users got deleted.

Any comment on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You're not using indirect assignment of roles via the org. structure are you? If the validity on the position has expired, it should update the org. assignment reconciliation when you run the user master compare.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mukul.

I had the same problem recently, later I found out that the transport containing the role also contained the "Role - User assignment" package, this means that when transporting, User Assignment checkbox was selected.

If you have this role assigned only to a handful of users in Dev, and hundreds in Production, this is the reason why it happened to you, the role was transported with the Dev user assignment, thus overwriting the Prod user assignment for it, deleting the role from all users who don't have it in Dev.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Yes, it is a good idea block that in the imports...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Now i saw some of the users having proper valid to field ( means not expried 31.12.9999) also got >deleted.

I would like to know what "some of the users" do you mean.

Do you mean the users for which the role (you did user comparison for) is assigned, or other non-relevant

users?

Anyway I suggest to check whether report RHAUTUPD_NEW or PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY has

been scheduled in the system. Run SM37, input report name in "ABAP program name" field,

specfy the date frame, execute.

Thank you!

Warm regards,

Sunny