SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR/IR Commitment Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created the Commitment itmen ( 40/3) for GR/IR Account and assigned to its master record. I have only dervivation FMDT_READ_MD_ACCOUNT_COMPANY Read Account Master Data for deriving the commitment item.

When we post the GR, system is not deriving the Commitement item from GR/IR General ledeger , instaed taking the Commitment item from offsetting GL entry.

please advise

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to FMDERIVE and set a trace; you will see why your rule is not applied.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP made this change since 4.7. The program bypasses FMDERIVE and copy FM account assignment from PO to GR/IR account. Anyway, why this is an issue for you? Please check FM documents created by GR/IR, they should still be correct.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. there is no problem in FM doument. System create FM document correctly. but some reporting required through FBL3N by giving the commitment item.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Please, consult note 662097...

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli Klovski

ok if I defined any other derivation to overwrite the Commitment item with proper commitment item, what will be wrong? any effect?

0 Kudos

Actually, according to this note, the system will skip this derivation (of course, if not forced in some non-standard way)

0 Kudos

You mean giving commitment item in the dynamic selection when running FBL3N? Can you give an example?

0 Kudos

Thanks. Yes in FBL3N in dynamic selection by giving commitment item. User need reporting dr/cr of all GL against any commitment item which are assinged to that GL's.

e.g one commitmnet is assign to many GL, they need sum of Dr/Cr against that commitment in particular period

0 Kudos

yes, you are right. System is not taking the commitment item from another derivation even.

0 Kudos

This requirement does not seem to be very logical to me. I mean, if the gl line items do not generate FM line items, which is the case with any CI's orther than 30/3 or 30/2, what is the purpose to summarize them by commitment items? In any case, if you can not convice your client, you have two options: 1 write your own ABAP report; 2 use BI.

0 Kudos