cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help on blog 1926 ( file->rfc->file scenario )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm trying that file-rfc-file scenario blog #1926 and I think I'm almost there ...

The blog is pretty cool but for a newbie, it is missing a couple of steps. Anyway, I'm stuck on the step where I need to define a receiver determination mapping for the BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL RFC.

In the "configuration Overview for receiver determination screen" (fig 19 of blog 1926), in the partner column, I see the BAPI, in the receiver agreement column, I see the RFC_Receiver communication channel, but in the mapping column, I cant seem to get the File_RFC_IM interface mapping. Everytime I try to find one from the list of values, I get a No Object error.

Any hints ...

ps.: in SXMB_MONI, I see that the XML file was picked up ( and deleted ) but I got an 'No Receiver could be determined error'.

pps.: here is the blog in question /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

First you do the interface determination, there you can select ur interface mapping. After that create receiver determination, in this step, after u select the receiver system, save it. and refresh it. in the bottom left u can see ur interface mapping there.

/Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow Raj, thanks for the quick reply. I feel I hardly had a chance to hit the post message button that I already received your reply ...

I tried it and even in the interface determination, I put in the configured inbound interfaces section the BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL RFC. When I use the drop down for the interface mapping, I get a 'No Objects found' in the popup.

Do you think I screwed up in a previous step, making this step in error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think that you made something wrong...during initial days its like that.

Did you add the business systems to your scenarion in Config Directory?.

First sender agreement, receiver agreement, interface determination between your sender and receiver, then you do the Receiver determination.

After u select the inbound interface, save it and select again for the interface mapping. I think you need to right click and create the interface mapping.

Just make sure you are mapping correct ones...its not a tough task....no need to worry...if you play around you can easily see that.

I dont have the system now with me, otherwise its a 2 minute thing...where are you now?...Here is my mail: peddisetty@gmail.com

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have a business system.

The 2 services I have is :

1. A business service I created called Myservice to which I associated 3 communication channels ( like mentionned in the blog ).

2. An intergation Process called File_RFC_BP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Do you have File_RFC_IM Interface Mapping created between File Interface and RFC interface in the Repository ? First check that..

Then are you doing this receiver determination from Integration Process right ? SO what is your sender interface from the Integration Process? If you have done interface mapping between Sender Interface (Synchronus)of IP and RFC then you can see that in specific column.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the repository, the File_RFC_IM interface mapping is set as follows ;

- the source Interface is FileDetails_Sync_AI and the target interface is BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL.

- Request source message is FileRequest_MT, Mapping program is Request_MM, target message is BAPI_COMPANY_GETDEAIL.

- Response source message is BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL, mapping program is Response_MM, target message is FileResponse_MT.

As for the Integration process File_RFC_BP :

The receiver tabstrip I see ;

- FileRequest_AI

The sender tabstrip I see ;

- FileDetails_Sync_AI

- FileResponse_AI

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you don't have Business System created right ? Is your Business Service contains all the Sender and Reciever Interfaces.. RFC etc

Go to Business Service of the Reciever and check your Sender/Receiver interfaces .. if not then add your Interfaces explicitly into the business Services....

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you very much for your assistance ...

In my business service, I have 6 inbound interfaces and the same 6 outbound interfaces. The BAPI is present in both tabstrips.

Is it possible that I screwed up something in the BPM, that screw up giving me errors in the receiver determination ? Is the a link between what I do in the BPM and what is then available in the receiver determination ?

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated. I've been trying to get this to work for about 4 days now ...

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Is it possible that I screwed up something in the BPM, that screw up giving me errors in the receiver determination ?</i>

Are you able to see Interface Mapping for this now ?

If so it is good.

Now next one is Receiver Determination not found Error-

- For go to Business Service->Go to Service(from Menu)->Adapter specific Identifiers and check is it refering to correct R/3 system.

- Hope you have total 3 Receiver Determination

1) File to BPM

2) BPM to RFC

3) BPM to File

For RFC adapter FAQs- refer this SAP note 730870

<i>I'm starting to get a bit frustrated</i>

>>>> Don't get frustrated..Be cool and go ahead

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

> <i>Is it possible that I screwed up something in the

> BPM, that screw up giving me errors in the receiver

> determination ?</i>

> Are you able to see Interface Mapping for this now ?

> If so it is good.

In my Receiver Determination, between my business service and my BAPI, i still dont see my File_RFC_IM interface mapping object I created in the design.

> Now next one is Receiver Determination not found

> Error-

> - For go to Business Service->Go to Service(from

> om Menu)->Adapter specific Identifiers and check is

> it refering to correct R/3 system.

> - Hope you have total 3 Receiver Determination

> 1) File to BPM

> 2) BPM to RFC

> 3) BPM to File

In my business service, when I go to the Adapter specific Identifiers, I dont see anything.

In my intergration process, when I do to the Adapter specific identifiers, I dont see anything either.

> For RFC adapter FAQs- refer this SAP note 730870

>

> <i>I'm starting to get a bit frustrated</i>

> >>>> Don't get frustrated..Be cool and go ahead

>

> Hope this helps,

> regards,

> Moorthy

I'm trying to stay cool, but when I started this demo, I expected it to be somewhat straight forward.

I really appreciate your assistance ...

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>In my Receiver Determination, between my business service and my BAPI, i still dont see my File_RFC_IM interface mapping object I created in the design.</i>

So here your Sender Business Service is Integration process and Reciever Business Service is service created for which RFC communication channel is attached.

Go to IR and change the Interface mapping between FileSync <b>Abstract</b> Sync Interface with RFC Interface and activate it. Then check the same in ID once again.

<i>In my business service, when I go to the Adapter specific Identifiers, I dont see anything.</i>

For Receiver Business Service, for which RFC communication channel is assigned.

It should have your R/3 system informations like client,logical system name..(SM59 Entry)

Did you go thru RFC Faqs.. It is mentioned in there in Question 15. Check it..

Thanks,

Moorthy