cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing UoM in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm trying to create a sales order, by default the Sales Unit of Measure gets the BuM, (e.g. pc).

In the Material master, conversion from box to pc is maintained.

Now, I'm trying to change the Sales Unit to box, but the system won't allow me, it says " Sales unit is not defined for item "

Can you tell me where else to look at, so that in the Sales Order, we can enter other unit of measures?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same error "Sales Unit BOX is not defined for item 000010" when I activated "Sales Unit not Var" in the material master. When it was removed, the system shows no error. So, You removed the tick mark in "sales unit not var" field. Enter the conversion 1BOX=5PC in additional data of the material master. No need to maintain the sales unit in the "sales unit" field of the material master. When you create a sales order it will pick the base unit as sales unit; you can change this PC to BOX. The system will accept. This was tested in IDES; working fine.

REgards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

thank you for all your replies.. it was all helpful.. for some reasons the system is ok now..

Cheers!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the filed"Sales unit not variable" in yr material master Sales Org view1.Pls untick it first & then make the order.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil & Sanjay,

Thanks for the quick response...

there is already a unit of conversion in the material master additional data.. the Sales unit var is unticked.

actually, if I input sales unit "box" in the material master, when I create the Sales Order, by default it becomes box. But when I change it to "PC" which is the BuoM, it will not accept and tells me, Sales unit is not maintained for the item...

Is there any other settings I need to check aside from the two you mentioned?

maybe a setting in sales document or sales item category regarding not being able to change the unit of measure?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before changing Unit of measure, in sales order>>> item detail in this see your conversion factor & conversion quantity coming or not.

E.g,

1 BOX <--> 100 EA

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I,m not geting why u want to maintain PC as sales unit when it already is BUoM of material ?

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go in Material master>>>Sales : Sales orgz.1 >>>Remove Tick mark of - sales unit not variable. which is in front of Sales Unit.

kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Nov 19, 2009 6:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

the tick mark is removed from the sales unit variable.

Also, in the item detail, i can see the conversion . e.g. 1box <> 5pcs ...

but still, im not able to change the sales unit in the sales order.. whatever is the default, it is the one. (I can't change it anymore)

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kapil,

I tried to create delivery from that order, then in the delivery, I am able to change the unit of measure ...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deriada,

Check if the "Sales unit not var" field is ticked in the Material Master-> Sales Tab. If this field is ticked then the UoM cannot be changed in the sales order. It will pick the sales unit maintained in the material master.

Cheers,

Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

The "sales unit not var ' is not ticked in the material master...

btw, I cannot change the sales unit in the Sales Order, but when I tried to create the Delivery, I was able to change from there.

is there any set-up for this in the sales document type? (e.g. cannot change unit of measure in the sales order, but can change in quotations or delivey documents) ...

Cheers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go in to material master>>>Additional data>>>Unit of Measure,

See your alternative units are speciefied or not,

Regards,

kapil