cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding floorplan manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to have both the OIF and GAF being used in the single component....and can we create a custom UIBB...

I have tested both checked the standard FPM pacakges but could find none..

I have already posted the same in the floorplan forum..

Expecting the replies..

Thomas: Expecting reply from you on the better appraoch to be followed for FPM.

Regards,

Lekha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is it possible to have both the OIF and GAF being used in the single component

That doesn't make any sense. These are two completely different floorplans. You wouldn't want both in the same as you would have duplicate navigation and IDRs.

>and can we create a custom UIBB

Of course. Any Web Dynpro Component that implements the IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK interface is a custom UIBB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks Much for your earliest reply..

Please suggest the better approach for this requriement

I have a Main application, where on left handside i have a tree UI element and search on 2 tabs under a atray, right handside

I have used a viewconatiner UI element.

Now based on the selected leaf of a tree the target Viewcontainer should be dispalyed which is a another compoenet of FPM one.

Now, how can we share data betweeen these components as i'm using a view container element.

1 .How to share data between a normal webdynpro compoennt with the one FPM based component....I want shared data each other..

2. Can we call one FPM inside antoher FPM.

3. Can we call a ITS service using a view container UI element, I acchieved the same using the IFRAME but this will be deprecated right....

4. I'm learning this FPM using the standard packages...But I'm not able to know what is sequence of doing the things...

Are there any videos on the floorplan examples....

For ex: if my subcomponent is FPM GAF based I can have other component which is again a FPM under this one..

Thanks Much Again..

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 19, 2009 7:27 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>1.How to share data between a normal webdynpro compoennt with the one FPM based component....I want shared data each other..

There are couple of different approaches that normally used within FPM, but can be extended to your situation. One - share the data outside of Web Dynpro completely. Pass an instance of a class between the two components (as an interface attribute or method of the component interface). Any data in this class can be accessed by these two components. Often this is done by the assistance class. When you instanitate an inner component usage you can even pass in your current assitance class instance and it becomes the assistance class for the inner component:

data: l_ref_cmp_usage type ref to if_wd_component_usage.
  l_ref_cmp_usage =   wd_this->wd_cpuse_course_dtl( ).
  if l_ref_cmp_usage->has_active_component( ) is initial.
    l_ref_cmp_usage->create_component(
      assistance_class = wd_assist ).
  endif.

Second approach is that you can have a Web Dynpro component serve as a shared data component. You then do cross component context binding between all the components that want to share data. In FPM you can use the interface IF_FPM_SHARED_DATA on this shared data component. The disadvantage is that cross component context binding has a more serious performance overhead when compaired to simply sharing a class instance.

>2. Can we call one FPM inside antoher FPM.

Technically yes. You just create a component usage for the FPM component (see the above use of CREATE_COMPONENT method) and use the importing parameter CONFIGURATION_ID to pass the configuration ID for the FPM. However you don't see this done by SAP because it doesn't create a very good user experience from a design standpoint. To many layers of conflicting navigation. SAP always spawns new FPM applciations into a new browser window.

>3. Can we call a ITS service using a view container UI element, I acchieved the same using the IFRAME but this will be deprecated right....

No ViewContain can only host Web Dynpro Components. You would have to use an iFrame (which is deprecated in 7.0/7.01 but will return to full support in 7.02) or create two separate iViews and use the Portal/NWBC.

>4. I'm learning this FPM using the standard packages...But I'm not able to know what is sequence of doing the things...

I would suggest reading the FPM Developer's Guide or studying the FPM TechEd Workshop (UP162).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I'm trying to use the concept of creating a component interface where we can have the attirbutes that needs to be shared among components so that this interface is impelmented by all the other components...

When we try to use this approach, Are there any disadvantgaes in using this appraoch...

Out of the shared data object and compoenent interface whicih one is preferred... In what situatutions we can use these approaches....

One more thing, for ITS can we use the Iframe now...

How about using the webdynpro Iview area or portal Iframe elements to achieve this ITS...

Thanks Much Again for sharing the information.................

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 20, 2009 7:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I would suggest reading the FPM Developer's Guide or studying the FPM TechEd Workshop (UP162).

Can you share the document....I'm not able to find it...

Please share any videos or demos on the same FPM....

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Dec 2, 2009 7:21 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

FPM Developer's Guide can be downloaded from SDN:

[original link is broken]

UP162 can be accessed if you attended TechEd from the website or the presentation came on the USB stick that was given to all attendees. If you didn't attend TechEd, then you can subscribe to the Virtual TechEd: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/vste

Answers (0)