cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License key for hardware migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am going to migrate hardware in two systems. one 4.6 C and another PI 7.0 . The new systems will have same IP and hostname .

hence OS cannot come up before migration activity starts, I am unable to get the hardware key now .

My question is will I get the license key during the day of migration .

If not Can I install temporary license ? Are there in prerequisites for installating

Thanks,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requested for license number of times and have got it also .

But what if the marketplace site is down during that day .

So I want to apply temporary license.

My question is the prerequite for temporary license is mentioned as " no active license should have been installed in last 4 weeks " But we have the system running and hence licnse is active for more than a year .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chittaranjan Pradhan,

if the marketplace site is down during that day

I am not getting why you are sticking to such doubts ???

have requested for license number of times and have got it also

Good, But whether you faced any issue to get the license? i mean, any down time happend while you are applying?

If down time scheduled while you are applying license, market place will be available with in one hour.

I am suggesting you that,hope for the best.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have applied for licenses earlier for many clients during weekends and have got it in less than 5 minutes and maximum in 30 minutes. There are periodic maintenance outages for some servers as I have experienced but it directs your session to another available server.

In the unlikely event you still encounter problems you can call and reach SAP support numbers locally as a backup by raising an appropriate message/call.

Cheers Sam

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But what if the marketplace site is down during that day

What if theres no electricity, or the hardware fails, or the office is flooded... you cannot take this approach.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chittaranjan,

I hope you got an idea about license.

thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chittaranjan,

You can get the license key immediately it wont consume more than five minutes after applying.

If its only installation, we can get 30 days temporary license.

Migrating means, are you doing restore\systemcopy also?

Your temporary license (after installation) may expire after restore\systemcopy.

Just search in SDN, for how to install license. Its a simple procedure.

But will I get in time ( half an hour ) on Sunday ?

Don't think that some one will receive your request....and they will cross check your details..... etc,...

Getting license is an automated procedure. when you give your details (HW key, system number, license, sid etc,) it will generate a 128 bit encrypted asci code.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to request a license . But will I get in time ( half an hour ) on Sunday ? I can request only after server migrated .

Regarding temp license I see from below link .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/97/76934257a5c96ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Prerequisites

· Within the last four weeks there has been a valid, applied for license and it has been checked

BUt as the system is live for years, we don't have any license applied in last four months .

Thanks,

Suman

tolulope_okusaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Ur SAP license is tied to the hardware key.

you would need to request another license..

Regards,

Tolulope

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Getting the migration key and New license (your hardware key will be different) only takes a few minutes so I wouldn't be very concerned....

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

2 options to address your concern

1. If you have access SAP Service Market Place, then browse through for your Key Requested option to find your system license Key (if you have your new system hardware key then it's easy to find otherwise you may have to isolate to find the right one)

2. You can always use the Temp licese for timebeing. No prerequisites

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Nov 19, 2009 5:49 AM