Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Filename for Reciever File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone answer to some of my quesries which are as follows

a) . Currently Iu2019m working on an IDOC-to-File scenario in which I need to create zip file on file server by using a payload value. I

search sdn and found a bean that can be used to create zip file which is PayLoadZipBean. Iu2019m referring the below weblog for creating file name dynamically.

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

My question is can anyone explain or provide me the step by step procedure in detail for the prerequisite which are mention in the weblog, i.e.

u201CAssuming that the following have been done and configured.

1.A value table has been created in the ABAP stack of the WAS in which XI is running and the entries as the file types, which will be written into the files are maintained.

2.Create a number range object in SNRO transaction in the same ABAP stack which will be having the sub objects as the file types maintained in the value table with their number ranges maintained. u201C

b) .Can we use all mapping techniques (ABAP, Java, XSLT and Graphical) in a single scenario if yes then how to trigger them and which one executes much faster?

c) .Can we trigger an RFC asynchronously and how?

Your help is highly appreciated and

Regards

Faisal

Edited by: Abdul Faisal on Nov 19, 2009 8:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My question is can anyone explain or provide me the step by step procedure in detail for the prerequisite which are

mention in the weblog,

The pre-requisites which are mentioned by the author are according to the scenario-condition he is trying to illustrate.....read the below extract carefully why he mentions you need to relevant entries in the ABAP maintain table...since it is a lookup scenario you need to pull some data from the ABAP part and then generate the output.

Consider a scenario where IDOCs are send as files to a legacy system. Here the tricky situation is that for each and every 
interface files depending on their extension, there will be a different number range associated with the file name and it should be 
reset after reaching the end number for the number range.

If your requirement is to generate Dynamic FileName then it can also be done using the COncept called Dynamic Configuration.

b) .Can we use all mapping techniques (ABAP, Java, XSLT and Graphical) in a single scenario if yes then how to trigger

them and which one executes much faster?

Message (graphical) mapping executes faster....you can have all the mapping types in your scenario (in a single Interface Mapping)

The Mapping program should be included one below the other in the order of the execution.

The input message of the very first program should be the same as the Source Message and the output message of the last mapping program should be same as the Target Message (or at least your mapping program should be able to generate the relevant message structure....as a in case of a java mapping)

It is always better option to include minimum number of mappings.

Yes.

Regards,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) . Currently Iu2019m working on an IDOC-to-File scenario in which I need to create zip file on file server by using a payload value. I

search sdn and found a bean that can be used to create zip file which is PayLoadZipBean. Iu2019m referring the below weblog for creating file name dynamically.

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

My question is can anyone explain or provide me the step by step procedure in detail for the prerequisite which are mention in the weblog, i.e.

Hi Use dynamic configuration UDF to create file name dynamically.its very easy search in sdn you will find the code,even you can create file directory name dynamically.

In receiver file communication channel if you use PayLoadZipBean it will do Zipping of your message,for this you need to add this bean name additional parameters section in Receiver Channel.

If you want to create zip file based on pay load value check the condition at mapping level based on that call the service,if you not required zip file in other case for that you need to create one more file receiver communication channel.

u201CAssuming that the following have been done and configured.

1.A value table has been created in the ABAP stack of the WAS in which XI is running and the entries as the file types, which will be written into the files are maintained.

not claer,can you explain bit more

2.Create a number range object in SNRO transaction in the same ABAP stack which will be having the sub objects as the file types maintained in the value table with their number ranges maintained. u201C

b) .Can we use all mapping techniques (ABAP, Java, XSLT and Graphical) in a single scenario if yes then how to trigger them and which one executes much faster?

We can use all mappings single scenario,how mean just add the mapping names in Operation/Interface mapping.

As per my understanding Message Mapping works faster then JAVA then XSLT then ABAP,but it depends on how many lined of code you written.

Yes we can use RFC Asynchronous,search in sdn you will find it,if unable to find let me know.

Regards,

Raj