cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMEA- Failure Mode Effect Analysis

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to know in detail about the functionality of FMEA in SAP. I got a brief information that this functionality is available in EHP3.

Please help me with some study material, so that I can use it.

Thanks,

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Useful inputs for starters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineeth:

The document posted above provides some good information. We are in the process of implementing FMEA and control in our system. However there are a few limitations that we have found in our analysis.

1. The FMEA/Control Plan setup from enhancement pack 3 does not support change control. You can require users to provide an ECM through a BADI however it doesn't match the table structure of key fields.

2. Linking the FMEA to characteristics assigned perviously to routings requires you to use the EWB. If giving users access to the workbench is something you have avoided in the past you will want to pay attention to this. This is not part of the intitial enhancement pack roll out and may require you to implement an OSS note that provides the ability

The function itself is actually very good. It meets the ISO requirements set forth and links very well with the control plans and routings or inspection plans

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Justin,

I could not locate menu path for control plan creation inside inspection planning. I am using T Code QPCP for this functionality.

Can you please guide me to SAP Library files for knowing more about Control Plan and FMEA. Also like to know about cuztomizaion settings we need to do it. Please tell me what was your base document when you started using this functionality.

Thanks

Vineeth

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

This article will help you to understand FMEA more

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index;jsessionid=(J2EE3417500)ID0324881050DB00157075864894196237End?rid=/library/uuid/0063c232-199e-2c10-5482-eed82c19b416]

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got the document prepared for doing Control plan from SDN link which you provided here. But this doc is not useful till I get some stuff for how to do FMEA in SAP. Because FMEA is a pre-requisite for Control Plan.

Please tell me do I need to activate anything extra, as I am unable to find the below path in SAP Access

SAP Access > QM > Quality Planning > Control Plan> Cockpit while I am checking in IDES. But at same time T Code QPCP is working and taking e inside to Control Plan.

Also I am unable to find T Codes for FMEA or please tell me the browse path for FMEA in SAP.

Can anyone help me with SAP Library documents (SAP Help Files) for learning new functionalities in SAP for FMEA creation and Control plan.

Please treat this as very urgernt

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth,

Please follow this link for FMEA...

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03_sp/helpdata/en/a6/df293581dc1f79e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak