cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete house bank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When we tried to delete a house bank, the system said the account is in used. Actually I don't have any document related to this bank and all BP payment system are not related to this account. What else I should check? Thanks a lot.

Regards

Yuka

ealipieva
0 Kudos

Before you can remove a bank account you need to check these two settings:

- the account needs to be removed from Company Details

- the account needs to be removed as a Payment Methods

....and if more complicated of course, see all the other answers below.

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Abdul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you used this bank anywhere in system even you remove this bank account from relevant transaction or configuration you will face this message because system keep information in log table of other tables.

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can close the thread posting the solution so that others can check if they face similar issue.

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Businesss One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitin,

Thanks for the help. The solutions is to do a query as shown below

SELECT T0.[CardCode], T0.[HouseBank], T0.[HousBnkAct], T0.[HousActKey] FROM OCRD T0 ORDER BY T0.[HousActKey]

Then we found one of the vendor has a house bank key against the house bank we would like to remove.

If we open that vendor from BP master data, we see the vendor has no default house bank.

According to this, we choose a house bank as the default house bank then save the update.

Then the system allow us the remove the house bank.

Regards,

Yuka

former_member219812
Participant
0 Kudos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Wf2RbjSl4

It Works!!!.... Thanks!...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer Below link which will be very helpfull

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/smb_searchnotes/display.htm?note_langu=E&note_numm=0000884342]

Thanks

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

If nothing else can be found in your database, I could think about two possibilities:

1. A bug in the application for your PL with your specif OS/DB environments

2. You may not have a proper new default bank set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean default house bank? Where can I check it? I checked company info already. Not this house bank. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean your new default house bank should be set up properly and can be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your B1 version and PL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. We setup 7 and needs to delete 2. I deleted one of them. This is the other one that I cannot delete it.

We are on SAP2007 PL06 SQL 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many banks have you set up so far?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may check this thread to find if the same problem could be solved:

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) in initial details - no

2) in payment methods - no

3) in registry BP - no

Thanks for the reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yuka,

What is the exact error message?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bank account is in use and therefore cannot be removed or changed. [message 705-20]

Then I checked all BPs. No one use that account. Thanks.

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether those house banks are mapped in the BP master under payment system tab.

In order to clear the House Bank data the following example template as shown below can be used. The Slash sign "/" is used in DTW to clear a field in B1 because empty fields in DTW templates are ignored.

The example shows to delete the House bank details of BP code "C01" please adjust CardCode and HouseBankCountry to the details of the BPs which need to be updated:

RecordKey CardCode HouseBankAccount HouseBankBranch HouseBankCountry

1 C01 / / DE

HouseBank

/

Take back up the DB before running mass updates on BP master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I remove the house bank and update then got the error message.

Then I checked all bps. No bp linked to that house bank. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

n order to remove a bank branch, go to Administrator > Setup > Banking => Definitions => Define Banks, display the branches, click on the branch you wish to remove and go to Data Menu => Remove.

else right click and select REMOVE

NOTE! You can not remove a default bank branch. To remove the default bank branch, set another branch as a default and than remove the required branch.

Thanks

Kevin