cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS Planning board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have 3 PPMs for a sku. In DS planning board I created 2 different orders. My order creation strategy is infinite/backward plus forward. Both orders are created by using my high priority A resource(ppm) and ending exactly at the same time and they have similar quantities too. When I try rescheduling it(finite slot forward), this is done on the same resource.

How can I make the system to pick priority B resource/ppm automatically and maintain the same order times?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardev,

1. It is planning heuristic as it works with logic of net requirement calculation and genration of receipts for shortage quantity.

2 . It works for products I am not sure for resource.

3. It is against PIR only (I mean in make to stock only)

4. It considers for new order creation. no existing order .

I think your problem is similar what I faced in one of scenario. we were having vessels with different lot sizes(min-max quantity limits) there were multiple resources available for same lot size/overlapping lot sizes and we wanted to load resource considering free available capacity best option is to use optimizer. As REM heuristic didnot worked well.

We also proposed client to use quota arrangement for multiple PPM to load multiple PPMs as evenly as possible. means three PPM the % maintained 33% each. But still it is not complete solution.

Probably another option is you can devlop own heuristic with some logic built in.

Regards,

Siddharth

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice.. thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardev,

As you rightly said it is not possible to have different lot sizes within same PPM so you need to use alternative PPM. In DS planning board you cannot change source of supply(PPM -is source of supply) by any scheduling strategy. There are heuristic SAP_REM_001 and SAP_REM_002. SAP_REM_002 loads first priorty PPM to 100% load then goes for alternative one. Try running this heuristic in DS board.

If this option does not work, to choose optimum resource considering capacity constraint better to use PPDS optimizer.

Hope this helps. Confirm your findings.

Regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried both REM1 and 2. It didn't work. Could you pl clarify the following,

1) Is REM a PP or DS Heuristics? from strategy setting it appears to be a DS one.

2) Object type to run REM? Product/resource?

3)Will REM create a finite(bucket) order only against PIR? or can it create also against a sales order?

4) Can REM move an existing order, infinitely scheduled on a finite resource(created by PP run), to alternate PPM OR it can look for alt.PPM only while new order creation?

5)Planning horizon REM will consider to switch between PPMs?

I am sorry.. these may be very basic questions. I appreciate your help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand from scenario you have modeled alternative resources as alternative PPM and not alternative modes.

There are two options two handel this.

1. Model alternative resource as altenative modes instead of modeling it as alternative PPM. Same can be done by maintaining alternative sequences in R/3 routing and transfering it to APO. Then in scheduling strategy change setting of current mode to select any mode from retain. In find slot forward direction scheduling your order will be scheduled on alternative resource.

2. Second option is model it as three PPM and use heuristic SAP_REM_001, SAP_REM_002. These two heuristic tries to generate planned order and assign it to proper PPM considering capacity load. These are majorly used in repetative manufacuring to balance multiple lines. Main limitation is you can only use it for bucket oriented planning and not time continuous planning. Hence not sure whether it will work for you. may be first option better for your scenario.

Hope this helps. confirm your findings

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am pitching for the 2nd option as I am not sure if I can have different lot size within the same PPM.

With option 2, I restricted the planning period and tried rescheduling, still no alternate ppm is picked. In the DS board /planning run should I run any specific heuristics to do this?

welcome comments