cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Items From Approved SCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weu2019ve discovered a new feature in our upgraded SRM 5.0 Ext Classic system that doesnu2019t seem correct and according to OSS is functioning as designed.

Weu2019d like to hear if anyone else who is running SRM 5.0 Ext Classic (SRM_SERVER/PLUS release 550 and Level 14) has this same problem, hopefully not.

In our upgraded system, a shopper can delete an item from their approved shopping cart after the item has been sourced and the associated PO and item sent to the vendor.

The end result of deleting the shopping cart item is that the system also automatically deletes the associated PO item without the buyers knowledge.

This doesnu2019t make sense and weu2019re having a difficult time verifying this new feature.

Thanks,

Jerry Martinek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

this issue you mentioned is a standard behavior. There was temporary a bug in the concept, which was corrected by the note 1241077. Unfortunately in your case the buggy behavior was the normal and expected reaction.

According to the SC status we have the following restrictions:

hold -> changeable, deletion on header level

in approval -> changeable, deletion on header level

approved -> not changeable, deletion on item level

follow-on document created -> not changeable, deletion on item level

follow-on document of the follow-on documents -> SC can not be changed or deleted until the Confirmation/Invoice is not deleted

So this is standard.

You can either modificate the system by deimplementing the note.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I had sent you a reply in the other thread prior to reading your reply in this thread.

For the 'follow-on document created -> not changeable, deletion on item level '

Is this based on the shopper having the BBP_PD_SC ACTVY=06 (delete) permission? In our scenario, the shopper doesn't have the 06 permission and they can still delete the item. As mentioned, they also don't have the PO delete/change authority but the system automatically deletes the ordered item using their id.

If this is standard, we don't understand why. Our purchasing manager and auditors can't see how this could have passed a review by the SAP equivalent?

Why can a shopper delete an item from an approved SC and then the system automatically deletes an item from an approved and issued PO without having authorizations (SC and PO) and without the buyers/purchasers knowledge.

Thanks,

Jerry Martinek

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerrry

the problem exist in classic scenario also srm 550 sp14

sc created -approved

po created -after sourcing by purchaser

now sc requestor deletingh the cart .

now purchaser got angry why the requestor able to delete the cart . customer gets angry at this point . i do agree

sap should realise and release a note to resolve this problem

not to delete the cart after creating PO via check status.

summer wang/peter/richardo - please share your thoughts.

br

muthu

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

from the beginnings of the SRM (EBP 1.0) we have the following behavior:

hold -> changeable, deletion on header level

in approval -> changeable, deletion on header level

approved -> not changeable, deletion on item level

follow-on document created -> not changeable, deletion on item level

follow-on document of the follow-on documents -> SC can not be changed or deleted until the Confirmation/Invoice is not deleted

Sometimes it's limited by a side effect of notes, but the concept is still the same.

Regards,

Peter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi peter

thanks for reply

follow-on document created -> not changeable, deletion on item level - many customers does not like this peter.

for eg.

i created a sc with 2 items and approved by masa

one item has fixed source of supply -PO created

and another item went to went to your soucricng cockpit and you have talked and negotiated a price for 2 days and assign the vendor and created a PO and PO went to supplier.

now i went to delte that item which you have sourced.

now the material came to plant from supplier . what to do? since system also not notifying the purchaser when i delete a cart .otherwise purchaser would have inform the supplier.

any workaround sap note is appreciated. this can use only whoever want not delete after follow on doc created.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The 'approved -> not changeable, deletion on item level' is only true if the user is assigned the ACTVT=06 in the BBP_PD_SC role. If it's not present, the user can't delete the item after the cart is approved.

This client has been live with SRM 5.0 since the start of 2007. Up to now (SPS14), they have not been able to delete a SC item after it was sourced and sent to the vendor. As far as they are concerned, post SPS14 this is one of many new bugs.

My understanding is that the issued PO is a legal document. Once the PO is sent to the vendor, how can you delete items from the PO at the SC level instead of the PO?

What type of an organization would want to have this type of a business process?

Thanks,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I did some more testing in our system (SRM 5.0 EC SRM_SERVER 14 plus many notes) and discovered what looks like another questionable system behavior related to the SC item deletion when PO is ordered.

1. Created a SC cart with two items.

2. Created and ordered PO with the two items

3. Confirmation - partial receipt 10 of 20

4. Ran Clean_cleanreq_up

5. Via shopping cart monitor, delete the item with the partial confirmation

6. PO status goes into 'error in process'

7. RZ20 - display error Quantity delivered differs from qty. invoiced

8. SLG1 - error message number for the same error is 06 115

repeated the same test but instead of a partial confirmation I made a full confirmation for the item and this time the system didn't allow me to delete the SC item.

The fact that a shopper can delete an item that has a partial GR is not correct. I will go to OSS with this problem but the original one is still a concern.

Thanks,

Jerry Martinek

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

try the same in the step 4) with the report BBP_GET_STATUS_2.

Regards,

Peter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jerry

Peter is correct. If you do partial confirmation .and we can not delete the shopping cart

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Running BBP_GET_STATUS_2 disabled the delete function for the SC item that had a partial confirmation on the associated PO item.

It looks like that if a partial confirmation is made and until BBP_GET_STATUS_2 is run, the shopper can delete the SC item.

If the shopper deletes the SC item with the partial confirmation, the system then attempts to delete the associated PO item. The update will result in an 'Error in Process' status for the PO.

At this point the buyer needs to go and undelete the PO item and re-Order the PO to correct the status.

SC item remains deleted.

Having to run BBP_GET_STATUS_2 to prevent the deletion doesn't seem right so we'll need to go back to OSS with this new information.

I can't believe that other SRM 5.0 EC customers are ok with this delete SC item issue.

Thanks,

Jerry

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

well, as described in the another thread this is the standard.

As we had the same function from the beginnings, I don't really a chance that this behavior will be changed.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your input and advice.

Hopefully SRM will do something about the fact of having to run BB_GET_STATUS_2 to prevent the deletion of the SC item once a followon document has been created for the PO item.

Regards,

Jerry Martinek

Answers (0)