SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification View

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm tying to open the classification view on the MM41/MM42 screen to maintain some normal characteristics/attributes for the material(i'm not trying to maintain characteristics for the generic article) The view is selected for my article type in the configuration but still the view does not show up during or after the creation of the article. Am i missing something?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards,

Anju.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

you have to assign the characteristic you would like to maintain to the merchandise category the article is created in. As you don't want to create generic articles, the relevancy indicator should be "For info only".

If you create an article in such a merchandise category, the should be a subscreen in the general data where you can assign the characteristic value.

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks TK. My idea was to open up a classification view (apart from basic data view, logistics view etc). But as per the method you suggested it'll be on the basic data view screen. Does classification view exist in Retail?

0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

Classification view is not a standard view in retail like in MM and other module. U have to proceed as TK ha mentioned in the above solution.

Regards,

AM.

0 Kudos

Thanks AM. We do not have generic articles in our system. Is it possible to take ABAP help and create this 'classification' view on the material master screen?

-Anju

0 Kudos

Hi its possible to create classification view through enahncement.

Create programme (subscreen) SAPLZMM_MARA under the main programme SAPLMGMM.

create Z table to maintian the values of this view fields since there is no standard table Ex: ZMMMARA and required fields

Take abaper help,

hope its helps

regards

Satish