cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring PO output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a problem that I hope you can all help me solving it.

I am working on SRM 7.0 but as far as I have been told, the customizing of what I am trying to do is similar to SRM 5. So, there goes my problem:

I am trying to print a PO after the shopping cart is approved. I have configured via SPRO the following:

1) SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Set Output Actions and Output Format -> Define Actions for Document Output:

Here I have copied the standard profile BBP_PD_PO to Z_BBP_PD_PO. Then in "Processing types" for my Z profile I have assigned a custom smartform (also copied from the standard one) and a custom class. The processing time defined is "Processing using selection report" and the "Permitted Processing types of action" has "Smart Forms Print" as default. Just like the standard profile.

2) SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Set Output Actions and Output Format ->Condition-Dependent Document Output

Here, I have configured the conditions for my profile where the "Schedule Condition" is Default Output Is Printout. I have no start condition defined here.

But the problem is that my PO is not getting printed.

Has anyone ever experienced this situation?

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Tabrez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you select Processing Using Selection Report, you should schedule the program RSPPFPROCESS.

If you want to output automatically, select the Processing When Saving Document.

The IMG document has more detail information. Please check it.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for the reply.

I have done what is documented in the IMG activities. I would not ask for help before trying every combination possible.

Yes, I have also tried executing the RSPPFPROCESS program which is generating output for the standard form and not form mine.

Can you tell me what should I configure in Condition-Dependent Document Output. What I should put in "Schedule Condition" and in "Start Condition" ?

Hope you can explain me with some more detail.

Thanks.

Tabrez

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to print out automatically when PO is created? or non-automatic? What is your business requirement for output condition?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is printing the PO aotomatically when the Shopping Cart is approved.

I know that the RSPPFPROCESS program is for non automatic, but I was only trying to test the printing.

Best regards,

Tabrez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Not wanting to put pressure on you ..but will you be able to help solve this issue?

Regards,

Tabrez

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I have no idea about custom action profile.

I always use standard action profile and BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF BADI for custom form.

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, where do you change the processing time? As in the standard is defined as "Processing using selection report" and I would like it to be "When saving document" ?

Regards,

Tabrez

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

"When saving document" is like auto output.

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

First of all thanks for the help but I am really not understanding.

You are saying that I could you the standard profile right? And use the BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF to change the form to one that is customized. But my doubt is, since the standard profle has the "Processing time" = "Using report" and I would like to change this to "When saving document", where do I do it? I should not change the standard profile, correct?

Sorry if I am missunderstanding what you are saying.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many ways to customize. You can also test it with different customize.

My case is just changing Processing Time = Processing when saving document, and default action is mail in standard profile.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is working well now. But I still have one question. I have changed the Processing time to "Processing when saving document". But the ouptut is not getting triggered when the shopping cart is approved. I can only print when executing the RSPPFPROCESS program. Is this the normal way of doing it?

Thanks once again,

Tabrez

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rpalotai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your problem is because the action profile Z_* you have created doesn't take into account during execution.

My experience is that for BUS objects (so for POs BUS2201) only the standard action profile (for POS is BBP_PD_PO) is executed.

So I guess your custom settings was not taken into account.

What you can do is to create a new action definition beside the standard one (like copy STANDARD_PO into ZSTANDARD_PO).

Set the processing order, that the first one is the stnadard one and the second one is your custom one.

You have to define the actions in the next SPRO customizing point also, where you can add conditions that is taken into account during execution.

Now this action profile and its all action definition will be executed. Here you can set the execution time to be the doc save time.

And one last suggestion, always use the customizing to set SRM related PPF (and not SPPF* transactions)!

Hope this will help you.

BR

Richard