cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 refresh question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts -

I need to refresh our PI 7.1 system. I am looking at the JAVA Only System Copy guide and it seems that I have to delete the ABAP database in order to do perform a data export through SAPINST. Can anyone tell me if I can refresh the JAVA side by only performing an export or an easier process? The Complete Export tool does not work on PI 7.1 and we do not have CTS+ installed......... Please let me know. Thanks! - Will S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can perform a refresh through either the following Methods for SQL Server / WINDOWS:

1) With SAPINST, do an export of the JAVA database and ABAP database. If you choose to save time, simply just get a copy of the database file(s) you want to restore from and restore the files from the backup. Then, you will only need to do a JAVA export. When selecting the export for JAVA, it will want to do an ABAP one as well, but choose to use the Migration Monitor Manaully so it will skip it. otherwise, it will do a ABAP export before the JAVA export.

2) Take a copy of the database backup and the same time take a copy of the /usr/sap/SID/DVBMGS))/j2ee file system and copy it over.