cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change email info sent to the controller in the SPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know if there is a way to change the subject and information of the email that is sent to the controller in the SPM module of SAP GRC AC 5.3 SP5.?Do I have to program something in the SPM?

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe to add the clients image (logo), and more things, to be more company essence.

Or try to put is in a HTML type email.

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Remember that these emails are generated from ABAP code and do not contain massive amounts of style parameters. They do not appear to link to style sheets, smart forms or even SAP script and updating these may well require substantial development even for small amendments.

If you are sure you want to go down this road, as others have mentioned, you also need to ensure that you have all the changes carefully documented as they will be wiped out with any SP or version updates.

I would not advise it as this is a key element of the control around elevated access, and if you managed to amend the code and stop the email being generated or sent, then it will have much wider impacts than poor cosmetics on the email!

Cheers, Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh Parmar,

Do you know what FM (Function Module) I have to change to do this, so I could change the email information of the SPM?

We see the email notification very poor looking.

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera.

Edited by: Pablo Mortera Fernández on Dec 2, 2009 12:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Check the following function module and program, I think these need to be modified if you want to customize the SPM controller mails.

Function module -

/VIRSA/FF_LOG_REPORT_MAIL For Sending Log Report in Mail

Program -

/VIRSA/LFF_UTIL_RPTU12

/VIRSA/SAPLFF_UTIL_RPT

Do test thoroughly before proceeding with change in your prod systems. You also need to remember to bring back custom changes after every new support pack or upgrade.

Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

What changes are you trying to make?

I managed to push back on the business to accept alternatives rather than change SAP standard code. For example, they wanted the system name to be defined in the subject so that it was easily identifyable from a generic mailbox but instead, I suggested using mailbox rules and folders to organise the delivery locations of emails.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

I don't think there is an easy way to achieve this. You may have to change the function module of SPM/FF. This will be overwritten when you upgrade to next version or support pack.

Alpesh