Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DIS: problem with templates and actual data

Hi All:

I've been browsing every thread where the DI Server is discussed here, I read all the info in the SDK.

What I want is somehow simple:

1) Retrieve information from some businessobject and display that in a webpage.

2) Modify the data and update it back in SBO.

I created some webservices, login, GetObject, UpdateObject.

In my webpage, I use the login to get my sessionId. Then, Use the GetObject to get some actual data, like, a BusinessPArtner information.

Until here, no problem. I can show the data very well.

The update part is the tricky one: I 've tried sending back the same XML, an alter xml with the update command and the queryparams, I tried getting the ObjectTemplate and the ObjectSchema and nothing.

Does anybody can describeme how they have managed to do this? maybe a working sample(please no the one in the SDK)??

Thanks in advance

Harold Gómez

replied

Hi,

There are a number of alternatives to deal with this problem. I often use a combination of different approaches, depending on the needs of the specific situation.

One approach would be to use XSLT transformation to transform the XML document into the format that DIS is expecting for updates (I haven't used this one myself).

Another approach would be to slice up the received SOAP document into parts that have the same schema for both retrieve and update: Documents and Document_Lines, for instance. You could modify each of these separately, then generate the xml for each of the parts and put the parts together before posting the update message to DIS.

Henry

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question