cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mySAP replacements for Excel upload function modules?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing some development in SRM 4.0 (WAS 640) and I notice that a few of my favorite function modules are no longer available. Specifically, I'm missing these the most:

KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT

ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE

Are there new equivalents? I know how to access XLS files by writing my own OLE calls, but sometimes it's just easier to use the standard function modules instead.

Yes, I've done a function module search, but I've found nothing that looks to the the same as my old friends.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nablan_umar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Function module ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE is not that of a big program after all. You may want to copy function group ALSMEX to your CRM system and create your custom function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I guess maybe I am capable of copying a 127 line function module.

Wouldn't you know that the simplest answer is the one I didn't even think of?!?!?!? I've got to get more sleep

michael_bennett
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I can't give you an alternative function module per say. Obviously, the downside of using SAP functions, that were probably never released for customer consumption anyway is that they can easily disappear. The suggestion I have is to use the features offered by DOI (desktop office integration). There in lies a set of classes and methods for generically accessing various documents (e.g. ms word, excel etc.) There is some examples in the re-use library (tcode se83). So here you don't need to be worried about the OLE either. Possibly in WAS there might also be some other classes that might access Excel sheets. Downside of finding a new function is that it might disappear in the next version you go to, whereas DOI is unlikey to disappear in a hurry. Best of luck.

p.s. there are a few other postings in the forum, maybe one will give you an answer, if you haven't search already.

Message was edited by: Michael Bennett