cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file Adapter, problem with proxy authentication

0 Kudos

HI all,

i'm having some problems with the following scenario, i need to configure a sender file adapter which connects to a FTP server. To connect this FTP server i need to set a proxy (and so a username and a password), and i don't know how to do.

From note 821267 seems that the proxy is not supported for an FTP adapter, but the are some workaround like the ones described in the following link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57137

They don't work in my case as i need to se two username (the one for proxy and the one for the ftp server) and i cannot force the proxy use for all XI applications.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

Aldo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is proxy playing a role in this scenario? My understanding is that you are using a File Adapter with FTP Protocol. All that needs to be done is give the FTP connection parameters and if there is no login required check Anonymous login.

0 Kudos

Proxy is necessary to exit the customer local intranet. It's not possible to go outside network without going through the proxy server.

I cannot set the proxy server in file adapter as it's not supported like described in SAp note, a possible workarounf is to force the proxy server in the J2ee stack but in this way all PI calls would use that proxy..

0 Kudos

Can anyone help me?

Thanks again

Aldo