cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC Access Control - RAR 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question...

I am seeking some opinions on the the functionality/usage of the data provided under the Informer Tab - Management View Section. There are several sub-sections in this section that would appear to provide some very useful summary data at a management level. However, I've been informed by one of our consultants that the usage/functionality of this section is really not helpful, because the data can't and is never accurate. I'm confused, if this is feeding from other data loaded in the system...why the discrepancies and un-usefullness? I hesistate to believe this section would be apart of the system if limitations prevented its accuracy. Are any other of you using this section? Is the data accurate? Do you find it helpful?

Your advice, comments, and experience greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The informer tab is just that - an informer. So long as your ruleset has been setup properly, and your background jobs are synchronizing properly to the backend systems, and you've set the background risk analyses to update the management views, there shouldn't be any inaccuracies in the informer tab.

It's a good idea to have the latest Support pack installed as there have been cases where erroneous numbers are shown, but those have been fixed in subsequent support packs.

I hope this helps.

Santosh Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santash is correct!

The reports are only as good as the data setup in your configuration through background jobs etc.

I find that this tab it does produce some interesting summary information but it cannot ever compete with the likes of Business Objects / Business Warehouse and Crystal reports etc so if you want proper management information, I'd use one of them!

Simon

Answers (0)