Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to know about Log on Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP, I created a macro but i want to know is there a way to record macro for log on into a particular instance also.

Like just clicking the script it should automatically take user name and password and enter into particular instance.

I use sm37 instance.

if anyone can guide me it will be very good.

Thanks & Regards,

subhas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are you talking about ?

Which SAP software product are you using ?

How do you try to connect ? sapgui ? web browser ?

What script ?

What is sm37 ?

Asking question with absolutely no context gets no meaningful answers...

Regards,

Olivier

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are you talking about ?

Which SAP software product are you using ?

How do you try to connect ? sapgui ? web browser ?

What script ?

What is sm37 ?

Asking question with absolutely no context gets no meaningful answers...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SM37 instance cannot be your SID, so I guess it is the transaction (?) and you are wanting to start a program on a remote target host which is not within your same SID?

You will need to give us more information about which program this is and where it is before we can constructively help you.

Please also read the forum rules if you have not yet done so, just to be on the safe side of misunderstandings about them..

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

thanks for the info,

I am trying to ask is there a way to automate (creating vb script) for log into SAP with my ID and Password,so that the next time i can click on script to run my report without directly entering into SAP.

hope this is clear,

regards,

subhas

0 Kudos

What is your password?

0 Kudos

bbbbbbbbooooooooooo, Julius ... really!

0 Kudos

>log into SAP

SAP is a software company, you cannot log into a company...

ECC6 with sapgui ?

ECC6 with web browser ?

SRM ?

CRM ?

PI ?

EP ?

service.sap.com ?

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

If you intend to use the gui to run a report in an ECC system you may want to explore the options of SAPgui shortcuts. They even allow you to store a password but I consider that to be a bad idea in productoinal environments.

I use them a lot to manage and distribute testaccounts in the organization without having to communicate passwords.

0 Kudos

Well if you immortalize your own user's password in a script on your PC in the client network and then possibly start distributing it as well... then posting it in the internet isn't such a big step further down the plank...

At least, it isn't in my books. So wääähhh!